Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1968 "L" 911 2.0L Porsche Longblock

1968 "L" 911 2.0L Porsche Longblock

$5,000 68' "L" COUPE US SPEC MOTOR

This was the motor I was going to rebuild some day for my 68' Karman Coupe. I sold the car so now I will be selling the motor as the new owner preferred the 3.0. This motor is a "pick up" only. I will NOT ship this motor. So, if you arrange to have somebody pick it up, as long as they have cash, fine with me. I don't have a lot of history on it. I have had a few very well respected mechanics look at it and as far as they could tell the case has never been opened. It came out of a wrecked car. I have it on the lost and found here. It has a Solex cam supposedly. I bought it from a fellow senior member, I will ask him if it is OK for you to contact him about it but other than the cam info, I don't think there was anything too special about it. It turns freely, no problems that I can tell internally, no knocking or grinding or anything weird, turns with a wrench. Would be perfect for an extra race motor or someone needing a 2.0L motor for making a coffee table out of for all I care. But I would like to see it go in a car, preferably a Porsche, not a VW bus or bug.

Here is the lost and found thread:

Motor looking for Chassis? # 3280758

I have a 1968 L Coupe US motor that turns freely and is looking for orgininal Chassis (#?). Motor is a 901/14 with Build# 12510 and Pair# 985 at the split. See pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images

Since the buyer must pick it up -- where is it, please?
    Clarke
    Early S Registry member #3172

Current
    Race: 10 GT3 pca-GT2, (2) 78 911 pca-E 3.2L
    Street: 05 997S Launch, 75 911S Gemini Blue 3.0L, 68 912

Past
    68 912, 68 911, 69 911T, 71 911T, 72 911T, 73 911T, 73.5 911T, 75 911S, 77 911, 82 911SC, 91 964 C4, 02 996 cab, 05 997S Launch, 06 997 C4S cab, 10 Cayenne GTS, 11 GT3RS, 11 GT3RS

"I race cars, play tennis, and fondle women, BUT! I have weekends off, and I am my own boss." Arthur

Yeah that would help sorry. San Juan Capistrano CA. South Orange County CA. Thanks!

I posted to CL today and will post on Samba tomorrow so get them before everyone else see's them! Thanks for looking!

based on the #, it is a magnesium case?

thank you.

Yes I believe so, as opposed to the rare aluminum right? Almost 100% sure it is magnesium, if it's not i am sure someone will chime in but then I'd have to raise price

According to Bruce Anderson, the last aluminum case was 3280631 which would make this case magnesium.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...+aluminum+case

It also does appear magnesium from the pictures.

Yes. This is a mag case. Serial no stamp is facing passenger side. Aluminum cases face the rear of the car. I would have been all over this if it were aluminum.

Btw. I'm looking 3280622 for my 68L. Just throwing it out there.

Engine is still available, if you were ever thinking of preserving your numbers matching motor to keep mileage low or to track the car once in a while, this might be the perfect motor for you to build as a second or backup motor. Go have fun with it, don't worry about the mileage or go out there and tear the track up with a built track motor. The 2.0L will qualify you with all the vintage racing on your SWB etc.... Just a thought. I will be realistic on offers so don't be shy, I am ready to start moving this motor but I would like it to go to a good home, especially someone from this site that I know will have fun with it and take care of it. And who knows, maybe the owner of the chassis will find you some day and you can make a buck on it. As we all know, there are fewer and fewer out there, get it while you can. This is not an aluminum case or "S" motor, it is a US Spec "L" motor that turns freely with no discernible noises.

Thanks!!!!

I decided I will ship this motor. If you want me to ship it, I will get a crate shipping estimate to your door. You will pay for shipping and the $5K for the motor. I will provide tracking info after I receive Paypal payment for both motor and shipping. If you pick it up I am willing to negotiate price provided you bring cash.
    Last edited by sandbeige911; 03-06-2015 at 09:14 PM.