Thread: latest issue ( # 695 ) of Panorama

latest issue ( # 695 ) of Panorama

Pete and Randy W.

My sincere compliments to both of you on the ever-improving level of your individual contributions to this wonderful periodical.

I believe Pete's efforts at Panorama exceed anything he did prior to the switch, and I think that Randy's story & photo spreads ( specifically the '52 356 coverage in this issue - the car that garnered so much attention at Werks Reunion last August ) is his best ever, simply superb.

Speaking strictly for myself, you make the calm, relaxed reading for the sheer pleasure of it and for the information contained in Panorama about the Porsche passion a whole lot of fun………..Thank you, gentlemen.

Best,

JZG
    Before it became Ruprecht, my Porsche was a '70 911 T

Paying member No. 895 since 2006

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."
    Rob Dickinson's response when asked what motivated him to build Singers

+1 It just keeps getting better, and is a great resource for our hobby.
    Chuck

Early 911S registry #380
    '70S
    '75S
    '96 C4S
    '65 R69S

Thanks, John. Randy nailed the images and story, and it was a privilege to print them. That's no surprise, but the surprise for a lot of people—or what they may not appreciate—is how hard Randy has worked on making the leap from photography to photography AND writing. That's a big deal, and didn't come without a lot of work on his part. Few do both well, and Randy's results speak for themselves, here and elsewhere. He's also a joy to work with.

But the real thanks is due you guys—the cars you drive, race, build, restore, and modify remain inspirational to me and to many. Street cars, race cars, preservations, patina queens, barn finds, hot rods, mild mods, high-milers, drivers, etc—I dig 'em all when they're done well, and it's a privilege to tell their (and your) stories.

Keep on keepin' on.

pete

I agree with all the compliments about this issue...so many great articles to pour through. Randy's article and photos reinforce the patina value in our cars, the 68 911L article and pics makes us appreciate the value of historic cars, and Kerry Morse's article on Hartmut Kristen is truly a great summary of some of the best of motorsport efforts by Porsche over the last 25 years. These issues are all 'keepers' to reread over the years. Keep it up, Pete.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

Agreed - Great issue!
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

Thanks, guys. Just saw this thread. I'm blushing... but the patina queen did a lot of the work.

Big kudos go to Pete and his team for making this issue another one of those publishing achievements.

Can't wait to read the '68 911L story...
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187