Thread: LED Headlights LumeTechnic

LED Headlights LumeTechnic

Sounds interesting. Maybe a bit too futuristic for most people with clear lenses, but with fluted they are "invisible".

Name:  RPM_LED_1.jpg
Views: 757
Size:  107.9 KB

Name:  RPM_LED_2.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  88.3 KB

Name:  RPM_LED_3.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  83.4 KB

In an aim to address headlight performance on earlier 911’s, RPM Technik has launched its own LED headlight conversion for fitment to air-cooled models.

Suitable for models ranging from all 911’s up to and including 964, the LumeTechnik light unit is designed to simply replace the existing light assembly with no additional bulky transformers, by simply plugging into the cars original wiring. The lifetime of the units is equally as impressive by providing around 30,000 hours of usage before requiring replacement. These lights are one of the brightest LED high and low beam units available.

As well as increasing night time visibility with a striking bright white lumination, the LumeTechnik’s also give a subtly contemporary look to older 911’s and come in a choice of Chrome or Dark Chrome finishes. The units meet all European vehicle regulations and are available in both left and right-hand versions.

The basic kit option comprises of two LED headlights and mounting brackets that can be fitted to your original headlight surrounds. The full conversion kit includes all parts found in the basic kit as well as brand new chrome Porsche headlight surrounds and clear glass lenses.

http://www.rpmtechnik.co.uk/shop/lum...ht-conversion/
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender
    70S Silver, original Slate Gray Japan delivery

I have two brand new unused light units, is it possible to just buy your elements or whatever ? And cost of same please.PM me is you like.

Dave

Hi Dave,
    I have no affiliation with the product above, just passing it along because I´m looking into LED technology. I have had some close calls almost being rear ended, so will at least have to do something with my brake lights. More light at the front is also interesting.

You are located in Ireland, right? Maybe easier for you to give RPM a call? My English is best when I can write it. If you do, report your findings here. From what I read in the link above, it seems it is possible to buy the light elements only.

Best, Radmund
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender

Thank you Radmund
    Excellent link
    Registry Member #1414
    NOSGRUPPE

Andrea, Are you saying you consider using aftermarket lights on the worlds best sports purposes 68S built using only NOS parts????
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender

really cool lights . .
    59 750 pre unit triton
    63 650 gray silver bikinitub triumph thunderbird
    70 650 astralred silver triumph bonneville
    65 912 slate gray "erwin"
    73 914 ravennagreen "ferdl"
    erwin_loves_polo

Hi dave
    I too am looking to upgrade my 73 headlights,these rpm are crazy price,let me know what deal can be got for a couple of sets
    Regards
    P

Schiefer...
    ahahahahahahahaahahahah!
    touche'...

but they are for another outlaw car!
    Registry Member #1414
    NOSGRUPPE

Quote Originally Posted by andrea70 View Post
    but they are for another outlaw car!
    I suspected you had another car in mind
    Keep us posted with your experiences. It seems these lights are so new that I can find no info about them on the Internet.

Ciao, Radmund
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender