Thread: 1970 E euro ignition switch

1970 E euro ignition switch

I have a 1970 e I am trying to put together. Between the key and the steering wheel i s push button.
    Is this a push button start?
    If not in info would be appreciated
    If you happen to have a key switch that would be great as well

Should be nothing on a Euro 1970 dash facing between the key switch and steering wheel. Red push button to the left is of course the hazard warning light switch. There is a small pull switch under the oil gauge, but I believe that is for the rear fog light
    Chuck

Early 911S registry #380
    '70S
    '75S
    '96 C4S
    '65 R69S

It could be an Auxillary light switch.

If the car was fitted with under bumper fog lights activated by the normal switch, next to the Cigerette lighter, and the car was optioned with TTG lights also you could find a switch where you describe.
    Tony

Thank guys very odd push in key switch which also has push start button
    Odd additions happen over 40 years
    COA says Italian package, I know there was actually different turn lenses for the Italian package
    Will need to research this futher

Could be a button that manually squirts fuel and bypasses the cold start circuit- I have one a PO installed on my 71S- it was initially a push button located on the lower dash. I've since removed the button and tucked it underneath the dash as it sometimes comes in handy when temps are colder.
    1974 MFI Carrera
    1992 Carrera RS

S Reg #1245