Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Catalog of Original Tires

Early 911S Registry # 237 NeunElf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post
    Here's a place that seems to have that kind o' stuff --- SoCal's Best of France + Italy Show --- see post #14 . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ighlight=siata

These 're kinda tall/narrow --- maybe 356, even? . . . but --- still have their stickers!

Wish I'd taken more/better pictures, now . . .

. . . and don't forget the tubes

Interesting, but 165 x 400 (400 mm = 15.75 inches) doesn't quite fit any Porsche I know of. 165 R 15 fits Porsches from the 1956 356A through the 1967 911/912/911S. 165 x 400 Michelin X-Stop tires are available from Coker for $235.00.

Someday I have to make it over to France & Italy. The next one's 1 November 2015. Woodly Park will also host the Queen's English All British Car Meet on 26 April 2015.
    Jim Alton
    Torrance, CA
    Early 911S Registry # 237

1965 Porsche 911 coupe
    1958 Porsche 356A cabriolet

Another threade . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Miller View Post
    . . . Typical ad from 1973... . . .
    Attached Images Attached Images  

We Can Be Heroes

That is brilliant.

i also like this approved tyres list.

It lists 185VR15 Pirelli which we do sell https://www.borrani.com/en/set-of-5-...and-tubes.html . However i have never come accross a 911 fitting a full profile tyre in this size. i thought they fitted 70% profile tyres 185/70VR15 Michelin XWX or Pirelli Cinturato CN36. which are still made today.

Michelin no longer make a 185R15 X.

They do however make the michelin X 165SR400 shown on an earlier posting which again i don't think is a Porsche fitment.

Michelin . . .

. . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Hester View Post
    . . . I was looking at the spare tire the other day because I am buying new tires and noticed that the 185/70 mounted on the 15x7 Fuchs (a 911R wheel with the 49mm offset) is a Michelin X with no tread wear. The tire does not hold air and the back of the rim is perfectly clean as if it had never been mounted on the car. The tread is unworn. I suspect that it is the only tire that has ever been on that wheel since 1970.

It will never be a serviceable tire. My first instinct is to put a new tire on that wheel and use it as a spare, however, I am hesitating to disturb something that has been preserved for 38 years.

I could buy another rim that will fit the car, mount a new tire on it, and save the original spare for posterity. That doesn't seem to make any sense to me but I would like some input from the Porsche community. Please help.

I have already rejected the idea of taking the 911R wheels off the car and saving them because I cannot think of anyone or anytime better to use these wheels than me and right now . . .

We Can Be Heroes

Pirelli CN 36 . . .

. . . '72 US 'T' . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...d=1#post808613

We Can Be Heroes

Dunlop . . .

. . . up-closer . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...-vintage-tires

We Can Be Heroes

Michelin XWX

. . . '165 x 15' . . .

Quote Originally Posted by carmelskip View Post
    . . . Period tire . . . But it should be used for display only . . .

We Can Be Heroes

We Can Be Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post
    . . . '165 x 15' . . .
    That's not a high speed XWX, it is a low speed XZX (165SR15) which should NOT be used on a 911.

Michelin makes a 165HR15 type XAS which is approved by Porsche.

What about these

Pirelli Cinturato CN36 165VR15 CN36 N4, 185/70WR15 CN36 N4 & 215/60WR15 CN36 N4 http://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/page...cinturato-cn36

Then we also now have some Cinturato P7 tyres as well http://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/page...i-cinturato-p7