Thread: FS: @samba - 72 S targa

FS: @samba - 72 S targa

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifie...php?id=1762969

for posterity ; VIN 9112310569. Matching, silver on black. with Ski Rack! Good looking car. Asking 169k.

Looks like a Euro delivery (non rubberized dash knobs)

~J~
    air cooled only

-Well Documented Service History From 1974-2015
    -Offered With Porsche COA: Original Colors & Matching Numbers
    -Complete With Original Books, Tools, Jack & Spare
    -Fitted With Period Ski Racks & Skis

Full description coming soon! Please visit www.lbilimited.com for many more photos.

~J~
    air cooled only

VIN = 9112310569
    Eng# = 6321435
    Trans# = 7326447

Previous references . . .

Quote Originally Posted by 72targa View Post
    . . . 9112310569 - 1972 911S Targa

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...elp_Build-date . . .

Quote Originally Posted by cpmayor View Post
    . . . How can I figure out the build date for my car (72 S Targa, VIN #9112310569)?

• No silver door jamb sticker
    • Blank on COA, and lady at the COA office says information was not recorded for that era

Are there any other sources for this information out there? Thank you much! . . .

(Not mine)
    Attached Images Attached Images

We Can Be Heroes

Post-auction . . .

'. . . 1972 Porsche 911S Targa; S/N 9112310569; Silver Metallic/Black leatherette; Estimate $160,000 – $230,000; Visually maintained, largely original, 2- condition; Not sold at Hammer bid of $140,000 plus commission of; Final Price $140,000. With Reserve – Targa roof ski carrier with period skis, Fuchs wheels, BF Goodrich G-Force Sport tires, Hella fog lights, air conditioning, tinted glass, VDO dash clock, documented with Porsche CofA. – Paint is fair with a quarter-sized crack above rear right wheel and a few scratches on driver’s door. Paint is peeling on the Targa badge on both sides. Chrome is good. Engine is clean but not detailed. Interior is good with little wear. Undercarriage is clean but shows moderate wear. Cosmetically refreshed, regularly maintained and heavily documented but never fully restored. Largely original and showing 66,985 (likely 166,985), it’s a rare and very presentable 911S driver. – It’s no big news that 911 prices have gone wild. Half this much would have bought you the best 1972 911S Targa in the world only a few years ago, but today it’s an appropriate number for a thoroughly maintained and mostly original example like this . . .'

http://www.sportscardigest.com/porsc...ion-in-2015/7/

We Can Be Heroes

Dual hood struts!
    72S, 72T now ST

Miami, FL (previously Las Vegas, NV & Macau, China)

Smile

Hello. I haven't been in the forum in a long time! This was my old car. Just to complete the story, we moved from Las Vegas to Macau, China in 2015 so I decided to let the Targa go (and my MB '68 280SL). I didn't want to store more than one car while living abroad and I could never part with my other car, my dad's old 930. As it turns out, we ended up moving back to America sooner than expected and are now in Miami, FL . The first thing I did was get another car, but I went in another direction and found the next car on my wish list, a '95 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta with manual transmission! I'm trying to figure out what to get next to re-complete my 3-car mini collection again. Funny thing is, I haven't been browsing online for early 911s ever since selling my Targa, probably because I don't want to run across photos of someone else with it

For future research purposes, and to correct some of the comments above, '72 S Targa #569 is a US car but the previous owner had the interior restored in Euro spec (and in leather), back when the parts were more readily available, which I really liked. I bought the car after responding to his "for sale" listing in this forum back in 2008.

Best wishes to the new/current owner and drive it in good health!

Attached is our goodbye photo, taken in our garage in Las Vegas, right before the truck came to pick the car up!

911S goodbye collage.jpg
    Carlo M., Registry #1513
    1972 Porsche 911S Targa (Silver Metallic) [SOLD]
    1987 Porsche 930 (Silver Metallic)
    1998 Porsche 993 Carrera S (Vesuvio Metallic / Vesuvio Package)
    1995 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta (Rosso Corsa)
    A couple of Land / Range Rovers for daily use and baby transport
    My first car (at age 15 in 80s): 1983 Porsche 911SC (Guards Red with period gold BBS wheels)!