Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: And so it begins.....the 904 project!

Part 1 of this build is now complete. The body has been dry-fitted to a 914 chassis. From here we have to figure out suspension, front and rear. But it has been proved, you can modify a 914 to accept a 904 body.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium-inc View Post
    Part 1 of this build is now complete. The body has been dry-fitted to a 914 chassis. From here we have to figure out suspension, front and rear. But it has been proved, you can modify a 914 to accept a 904 body.
    You can modify a 914 to accept a (copy of a ) 904 body ( and build a 904 recreation.)

Quote Originally Posted by brookedale091462 View Post
    You can modify a 914 to accept a (copy of a ) 904 body ( and build a 904 recreation.)
    You know, I've never really understood the internet troll. Why do it? 9 times out of 10 the guy who does it online would stare at his feet if he had to look at you. But I guess we have a heckler, it was bound to happen.
    I don't know why you feel the need to heckle me on my thread about my car that I'm building or why on such a cool build the only thing you can contribute is to be the "grammar police". I do know this however, the club that is the Early 911S Registry that I have worked very hard to support through promotions and in writing many columns for the magazine, is not the club that heckles other Registry brothers, so please take that childish behavior to some other board and please stop heckling me on my thread about my car, that I am working very hard to build. I'm being a gentleman here, maybe you can learn something from this.

---Adam
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!

I am liking this build as much as Da Spoodtster! Nice. Keep it up. SS
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

Quote Originally Posted by steve shea View Post
    I am liking this build as much as Da Spoodtster! Nice. Keep it up. SS
    I miss Da Spoodster, I will probably never see it again since it is now in Australia. But the guy who bought it really likes it, so it went to a loving home.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey Adam,
    I certainly am not trying to ruin your day but troll and heckler? look at my posts and that isn't what you will see. You kind of put yourself in this position by creating the "904 project" heading. The collector car market has been abused by fakes for years. It always happens at market tops. This is just a higher end version of the every day muscle car tribute, recreation market that goes on everyday around the world. If you stepped out of the Porsche world and looked at Mercedes, Ferrari and other high end car arenas you would know what I was getting at. Not a day goes by where someone doesn't over reach the description of what they have or are selling. Accuracy is a big deal in our hobby or profession.
    So back to my point. If you had just described your very cool project as a rebody I never would have suggested you change the thread heading and you in return would never have answered with "Yeah, I'll get right to that".
    We all know your very cool work and the Porsche world is better off because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium-inc View Post
    You know, I've never really understood the internet troll. Why do it? 9 times out of 10 the guy who does it online would stare at his feet if he had to look at you. But I guess we have a heckler, it was bound to happen.
    I don't know why you feel the need to heckle me on my thread about my car that I'm building or why on such a cool build the only thing you can contribute is to be the "grammar police". I do know this however, the club that is the Early 911S Registry that I have worked very hard to support through promotions and in writing many columns for the magazine, is not the club that heckles other Registry brothers, so please take that childish behavior to some other board and please stop heckling me on my thread about my car, that I am working very hard to build. I'm being a gentleman here, maybe you can learn something from this.

---Adam

Shift Knob Maker

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by brookedale091462 View Post
    Hey Adam,
    I certainly am not trying to ruin your day but troll and heckler? look at my posts and that isn't what you will see. You kind of put yourself in this position by creating the "904 project" heading. The collector car market has been abused by fakes for years. It always happens at market tops. This is just a higher end version of the every day muscle car tribute, recreation market that goes on everyday around the world. If you stepped out of the Porsche world and looked at Mercedes, Ferrari and other high end car arenas you would know what I was getting at. Not a day goes by where someone doesn't over reach the description of what they have or are selling. Accuracy is a big deal in our hobby or profession.
    So back to my point. If you had just described your very cool project as a rebody I never would have suggested you change the thread heading and you in return would never have answered with "Yeah, I'll get right to that".
    We all know your very cool work and the Porsche world is better off because of it.
    Come on dude, this is a forum, not an auction. He is not trying to miss represent anything. If you don't like the title, don't read the thread, I don't think Adam needs you to correct anything about the early Porsche world for him.

Mark..

Now back to our regularly scheduled hack job..

"... Accuracy is a big deal in our hobby or profession ..." said who?
    I would say: Fun is a big deal in our hobby or profession

What's wrong with "904 project"? Did Porsche invented the 9 and the 0 and the 4 ?

I know some people with original 904s. A friend had one from the two original 8 cylinder 904 prototype, now sold to Japan.
    Some of the owners of original 904s have also a copy to race.
    I never met an owner from an original 904, who had a problem with my replica. And I had never a problem to tell them it's a replica.

The only thing which I think is stupid, is having a replica and tell that it's an original. But I really don't see that problem in this thread

Just my opinion. We all get one.
    Signed,
    Dude

Quote Originally Posted by 76911S View Post
    Come on dude, this is a forum, not an auction. He is not trying to miss represent anything. If you don't like the title, don't read the thread, I don't think Adam needs you to correct anything about the early Porsche world for him.

Mark..

Now back to our regularly scheduled hack job..

[given that every car for sale on this forum gets scrutiny regarding its authenticity I'd say yea it is a big deal. QUOTE=StefanB;849853]"... Accuracy is a big deal in our hobby or profession ..." said who?
    I would say: Fun is a big deal in our hobby or profession

What's wrong with "904 project"? Did Porsche invented the 9 and the 0 and the 4 ?

I know some people with original 904s. A friend had one from the two original 8 cylinder 904 prototype, now sold to Japan.
    Some of the owners of original 904s have also a copy to race.
    I never met an owner from an original 904, who had a problem with my replica. And I had never a problem to tell them it's a replica.

The only thing which I think is stupid, is having a replica and tell that it's an original. But I really don't see that problem in this thread [/QUOTE]