Thread: 1973 911t 2.4 mfi help!

1973 911t 2.4 mfi help!

Hi,
    i have a very nice 1973 911t 2.4 mfi, hasn’t ran in a while
    Is there any thing i should know, tips or things i must do before starting the car?
    Other then changing the oil and filters also removing all the old gas in tank?
    Thanks
    Last edited by socalozzy; 07-11-2020 at 09:11 PM.

member #1515
    There are quite a few threads here and on pelican about this.On top of what you've stated above; Basically:
    Change all rubber fuel lines including enrichment lines.
    Clean tank and bottom filter. If possible remove tank and clean and check it has no rust.
    Pull plugs and squirt some marvel mystery oil into cylinders.
    Crank engine until oil pressure registers, and a bit more. replace new plugs.
    After 25 years I'd take my MFI pump off and have it flushed with a light mineral oil to check everything was free and rotating. You might get lucky.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Quote Originally Posted by RSTarga View Post
    There are quite a few threads here and on pelican about this.On top of what you've stated above; Basically:
    Change all rubber fuel lines including enrichment lines.
    Clean tank and bottom filter. If possible remove tank and clean and check it has no rust.
    Pull plugs and squirt some marvel mystery oil into cylinders.
    Crank engine until oil pressure registers, and a bit more. replace new plugs.
    After 25 years I'd take my MFI pump off and have it flushed with a light mineral oil to check everything was free and rotating. You might get lucky.
    Thank you so much for your help, in regards to the fuel lines, where's the best pace to buy new ones?
    Are original Porsche available?
    Also I noticed the rear main seal is leaking a bit of oil so I will need to replace it, so I need a parts store/online to buy a few parts