Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SWB seat belts - front and rear

SWB seat belts - front and rear

A set of 4 lap belts - Superior 803, dated '67, in very good condition. These should be bolt in for '65- '67, and are very hard to find like this. Though they're from the same car, the front webbing is that faded green, and the rear webbing is black. $400 front, $300 rear, or $625 for set. Paypal extra, but I'll pay US shipping.
    P1000437.jpgP1000432.jpgP1000443.jpgP1000439.jpg

Here's another set I just found, but still looking for the tangs. I'll get up another pic and a price later, if anyone's interested. I'm thinking these were '64-'65 356 belts, and will likely need some changes to web and/or mounts. These are ASE (American Safety Equipment)
    for sale 072.jpg
    Last edited by hesaputz; 03-22-2015 at 09:10 AM.

as an uninformed enthusiast, i'm doing a project for which these would be dated correctly ('68MY built in '67).

i'm interested in the subtle differences between these belts (only one photo, i think) and the ones that have 4 'prongs' or 'tabs' as 12-3-6-9 on the crest. i was told that i needed the 4-tab buckles. can you provide some additional information on which is correct?

thank you.

Those are "bolt in" belts and made fairly recently. The "Porsche" crests were added by a previous owner, not by ASE. Period corrrect ASE belts would have the "prongs" or "Tabs".

Regards

Jim
    Watch Commander, Seat belt Police

Jim;

Just to be clear - you're saying that the bottom set of belts (ASE) are later with added crest. You're not questioning the Superior set of 4.

Quote Originally Posted by hesaputz View Post
    Jim;

Just to be clear - you're saying that the bottom set of belts (ASE) are later with added crest. You're not questioning the Superior set of 4.
    Yes, that is what I meant to say. Sorry if my post was confusing. The "Superior" set are "period correct". Most cars sold in the US in 67 with seat belts were equipped with ASE belts, though.

Regards

Jim

Are the round crests correct/original to the ASE belts?

According to Jim, they're not correct; He tends to be right about these things - I'll examine them this evening and add to my post. The Superior 1967 are original and correct.

PM Sent............

try again - had to dump the box

Bump for new pricing - I was feeling greedy last weekend, but they say it never hurts to try.