Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st Drive of the year!

Cool 1st Drive of the year!

Monday March16,2015 at approx. 2pm outside temp 12 deg., fired up the 69 for the 1st time since late October. It felt GOOD! Went for a 20 mile drive.
    Hook up those battery chargers gentleman, Spring is just around the corner, l look forward to getting together.
    Think Spring!
    Terry

I might recommend a minimum hour drive to make sure you are up to temp for at least a half hour to hour to minimize moisture collection
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Thanks for the good advice. Around these parts at this time of year I was happy to get in the 20 miles . You have to be pretty selective because of the salt on some roads . Rest assured there was no moisture by the time I returned home.

First drive as well. Amazing how small the 911 is compared to most other cars on the road. IMG_1175_2.jpg
    1972 911 Narrow-Body Group 4 Project - On The Road.

Good looking car, would like to see it out at one of our SOLHA meets. Don't know if I would feel comfortable with my long hood sandwiched between two other vehicles like that.
    Hopefully you got it out unscathed. Are going to shift into spring? Hope to see you there.

912->911 conversion
    Jeez you guys should move to tropical Alberta. We've been at it for over a month :P
    Keith Adams
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Early 911S Registry #906 | PCA member IG: @912R
    1969 Blutorange 912R - 912 to 911 conversion
    1969 Mercedes 280 SE (W111) Coupe

Tropical Alberta ? I used to live in the SW / 67th and McLeod by Chinook centre. Love your city and Province , hard to beat the roads and mountains. But when it's winter it's too dam cold for me. Have to look you up if I am out that way.
    Regards

72group4, any issues with the amber headlamps from the "authorities"? I was looking to do that myself, but can't get a straight answer on whether it complies with the Ontario highway traffic act.

912->911 conversion
    Quote Originally Posted by therapy View Post
    Tropical Alberta ? I used to live in the SW / 67th and McLeod by Chinook centre. Love your city and Province , hard to beat the roads and mountains. But when it's winter it's too dam cold for me. Have to look you up if I am out that way.
    Regards
    We had an unusually mild winter this year, so it will probably be the only time I get to gloat that it was better here than S.Ont. over winter. I couldn't even get my skating rink built in the back yard for the kids this year. Never stayed cold enough.
    Keith Adams
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Early 911S Registry #906 | PCA member IG: @912R
    1969 Blutorange 912R - 912 to 911 conversion
    1969 Mercedes 280 SE (W111) Coupe

1966 912 Bastid
    First drive for me April 25th. Still need to wash the car but the drive was fun and long overdue.

I was able to find a longhood to fit my 912 over the winter, but am still looking for a proper decklid. PO had the body panels changed over to a 74 IROC / RSR look but hoping to find all of the correct panels and then transform it back.

Anyone driving to Shift In To Spring 2015 May 3rd ?

Cheers,

Sandeep

1966 912 Euro 3 guage
    Carrera 3.2 Turbo
    DTA EFI
    Mag 915 7:31
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 66 912; 04-29-2015 at 06:51 AM.