Thread: Minilite wheel question (authenticity and value) 15x7 with lugs and washer

Minilite wheel question (authenticity and value) 15x7 with lugs and washer

Trying to determine authenticity and value of the "minilite" wheels pictured. My dad purchased them several years back and I can't seem to find anything on purchase (he died 2.5 yrs ago). I remember him saying he paid a lot and the fact they had the original lugs and washer made them worth more. I contacted Harvey Weidman (weidmanwheel) and he replied with the following email, I tried emailing back several times with no response. How else can I go about determining authenticity and value. Thanks Early S.

Tim

Hi Tim,
    Those look like Magnesium Minilites.
    Is the back space 5”? The photo is at an angle so it is hard to tell. Back space is very important….
    I would remove the wheel weights….they make it look like the wheel was hard to balance.It may have a flat spot….
    You can to ship them to me for verification and inspection if you want.
    I think buyers would be more at ease and possibly pay more. I am not interested in selling them. I usually find buyers for a customer.
    As far as price….I know every one wants to take advantage of the current value increases and there are many wishful thinkers out there.
    So there is varying opinions about the realistic value. I personally haven’t seen them go for more than 1250 each. Even saying that if they were mine, I would start at 1500 each.
    But in all cases, I will do some real research for you to get the best deal for them.
    Do you have all 20 of the lugs and washers? They also are no longer made and very valuable.
    Thanks, Harvey

I have a ton more pics on request

Agree with H: these are 7x15 mini lite magnesium as used on many (most?) trans am 911 race cars in 68. Good for SWB cars in particular 67 and 68
    Early 911S Registry
    Looking for engine 960 168
    Looking for gear box 103 165

Didn't I just see these for sale on eBay?
    Mike de Jong | '71 911T/E 2.4 Tangerine | '74 911S 3.2 Ice Green

They were listed, no interest in them.

I think if you want top dollar you should take Harvey up on his offer. My understanding is he is more of a phone guy. Otherwise list them for sale here, it's a hotbed of prospective buyers! GLWS!
    Mike de Jong | '71 911T/E 2.4 Tangerine | '74 911S 3.2 Ice Green

Pics all gone! . . .

We Can Be Heroes

Thoses pictures look great!
    Last edited by Juliet001; 10-09-2017 at 06:00 AM.