Thread: Sports Seat Removal Help!!

Sports Seat Removal Help!!

So, I'm trying to remove the interior out of the car and these sports seats are kicking my ass. I found some of the allen head bolts to be rounded. Is there a tool that I can use to get these little buggers out? Also, once all the allen bolts are out (the ones closest to the doors) what else do I need to remove to get the seats out? Thanks.

Sebastian
    1971 911t coupe
    2002 Camaro z/28

Dismount the seats from the tilting frames first by removing the four 18mm bolts that secure the runners to the tilts - or have you already done that?
    Early 911S Registry
    Looking for engine 960 168
    Looking for gear box 103 165

I got the passenger side out by removing the allen head bolts.. There's five or so on one side and then the other side of the seat has two up front and then two on the back that holds the track to the floor. Any suggestions on getting the rounded off bolts out?
    1971 911t coupe
    2002 Camaro z/28

There are spiral fluted removal tools for stripped out allen bolts. Try the major tool suppliers. I have a set, don't remember the brand.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.