Thread: WTB: 69 MFI Air Cleaner Bases

WTB: 69 MFI Air Cleaner Bases

Hello,
    I am in need of a pair of 69 MFI air cleaner bases. These would have the short either wire or solid clips that latch to the side tabs as opposed to the top of the air cleaner housing. When viewing the front of the air cleaner the two front clips sit at 5 and 7 o'clock position. Let me know if you have a decent set...Thanks Steve
    1969 911 E #824

Steve

I should have something for you.

I will send pics and prices
    Tom Butler
    1973 RSR Clone
    1970 911E
    914-6 GT Clone in Progress

Thanks so much Tom....Steve
    1969 911 E #824

I have these.
    Attached Images Attached Images

hard to tell if those are the short clips or not Bob, but the clip locations appear to be correct. Any idea what year they came off of, and what were you asking for the pair? Thanks Steve
    1969 911 E #824

Quote Originally Posted by xpensivewino View Post
    hard to tell if those are the short clips or not Bob, but the clip locations appear to be correct. Any idea what year they came off of, and what were you asking for the pair? Thanks Steve
    Hi Steve, I honestly do not know what applicable years is correct for this as it was in a parts lot I got years ago. Asking $125 plus shipping.
    I can take measurements of the clips if needed.

Guys

Take a look at the last posting this this thread for a description of the different airbox clips

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...=Air+box+clips
    Tom Butler
    1973 RSR Clone
    1970 911E
    914-6 GT Clone in Progress

Tom, Thanks for the clarification. So it looks like the 65-69 or 70 & 71 clip length would work, but for esthetics the 65-69 would be correct. Bob thanks for the offer on that set, I will keep them in the running. Tom let me know if you turn up a set of the 65-69's this week...Thanks Steve
    1969 911 E #824

still looking ?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    84102 purchased in '85 FINALLY started driving it (2/2015)
    '73 911T original paint sunroof coupe waiting in the wings
    3 gauge Holbert 912... now for something completely different
    1940 Mercury town sedan

I have since found a set.. Thanks so much for everyone's help. Steve
    1969 911 E #824