Thread: FS @HMN: '71 'S' Targa . . .

FS @HMN: '71 'S' Targa . . .

VIN = ?
    Eng# = ?
    Trans# = ?

'. . . Description:

I'm not a car dealer, collector or go between on this 1971 Porsche 911S Targa.

I am not the original owner but I have owned this wonderful car since 1977. I bought the car in Fargo, North Dakota from a close friend and fellow Guard fighter pilot and have lovingly owned it, driven it, polished it, worked on it and cared for it since that day.

When I bought it, the odometer read about 60,000 miles.

I'm not going to give you a bunch of fluff and historical details about the great 911S you see in other listings. If you're looking to buy an “S” then you know what you want and are looking for and don't need the historical tour.

I will tell you that this car is hard to part with, but it is time for it to go to someone who wants to restore her to her original beauty and make her the classic car she deserves to be.

Today the odometer reads 34,388, but is 134,388 miles. For much of my time during the 70's and 80's, it was my almost daily driver, but I always had a second car, which I drove to places I didn't wish to expose my Porsche, or in weather of any import.

For awhile the car was garaged and driven in Fargo, ND. Again, I tended to not drive it in bad weather, even winter. In 1985 I brought the car to California, where it has lived a garaged life every day and even then, usually under a car cover. As time went by I spent more time tinkering with the car than driving it as we bought a newer Porsche, and then another newer Porsche and this car lived in my man-cave shop still being tinkered and polished.

When evaluating the car on Haggerty.com and Hemmings, the car would appear to valuate in the Class 3 range/Good, and it is upon that range I have set the asking price.

So, what are the points you need to know about this car to consider investing in her future?

..The dash a small crack behind the speaker but is overall in very good condition, is original;
    ..All the Porsche badges are the original items that came on the car;
    ..The color is the original color;
    ..There are some rust spots that will need attention beyond that which I have done to stop it's growth (from the mid-west years);
    ..It had an extensive restoration of the body and original paint in the early 1980's;
    ..The engine has been “topped” and to my knowledge the case has never been opened and a lower end repair done;
    ..The engine has always been in good running order;
    ..The MFI, Mechanical Fuel Injection, is original to the car and appears to work flawlessly at this time;
    ..The wheels, all five are the original Fuchs rims and they are mounted with Michelin tires in excellent shape and low mileage;
    ..The brakes are aluminum “S” calipers in excellent condition with excellent braking;
    ..The suspension system has not been modified and is original with the exception of turbo tie rods;
    ..The car currently has Hunsaker Racing seats, fitted to the car and ride well;
    ..I have the original seats, in black, but they need to be repadded. The upholstery itself is in fair to good condition;
    ..I have any original parts if anything was changed out, except for the original radio;
    ..The Targa folding top is excellent on the exterior but needs a new headliner;
    ..There are new batteries;
    ..The doors are in original condition, with speaker holes, and are in good condition;
    ..The gauges are all original to the car;
    ..The steering wheel is original;
    ..The numbers all match because this car has never been subjected to any parting out, engine change or other work that would affect its original numbers and equipment;
    ..There is not, nor has there ever been, a Porsche air conditioner unit on the car;
    ..This car is in fun, good-looking, drivable condition and is a great candidate for a full restoration.

Here are some basic images. If you wish more images we can do that easily enough. Please ***note that the Silver Porsche in the lead image is NOT for sale and is not part of this sale. If you want a “Facetime” tour, we can do that as well.

The car is located in Fresno, California, where it has lived since leaving the mid-west in 1985.

Please, only serious car investors should inquire. I am as concerned about where this car goes and for what purpose as you are about the car's history and condition.

Price: $121,000 obo . . .
    '

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/...s/1724935.html

(Not mine)
    Attached Images Attached Images

We Can Be Heroes