Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB: Door handle for left door inside MJ 68!

WTB: Door handle for left door inside MJ 68!

Looking for the door handle for the left door. Same one as this one on the right door:

Thanks,
    Stefan
    Stefan

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx911 US-delivery 130PS MJ68

you know that the driver side door did not have such a handle, right?

I have one, if needed. Without handle indeed.

The 68 is a little different than the 65-67 one.
    67S+924

Quote Originally Posted by mshaver51 View Post
    you know that the driver side door did not have such a handle, right?
    Hi mshaver51,

surprising answer! Even more surprising when I recognized that I do not have any picture from a 68er door panel with a door handele on the driver side! Could it really be possible that Porsche built different door panels in 1968?

The only picture I found was out of that US brochure for MJ 68

was this one in which I believe to recognize a door handle on the driver side!

Does anybody has another picture or a high resolution version of this one to clarify the question whether there was a door handle on the driver side in MJ 68 or not?

Thanks,
    Stefan

@Christophe: I will sent you an PM
    Stefan

Stefan

68 911/912s do not have a "handle" on the left side of the car. I know, that makes no sense, but that is the way it is.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim, Christophe and mshaver51,

thanks for clarifying! The MJ 68 is very special and fascinating one. I will keep my left door like it is.

Stefan
    Stefan

Stefan,

that photo of your '68 door is very interesting. would you provide some more details about your car, please? for example, what is the VIN? what is the manufacture date? is the interior original?

the reason i ask is that there appear to be three oddities:

* window crank has a later-'68 cover on it;
    * the handle on the wing window is not padded, as required by US safety regulations for '68;
    * the door panel has no pocket (under the handle).

those items are very interesting.

thank you for sharing.

mshaver51,

my car has VIN 118.3.5224 with manufacture date 3/1968

I introduced it in

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...East-Coast-swb

This car has had (at least) 10 owners, was repainted twice and went already through two major restorations. The car is technically in good shape, drives very well but is not very original in every corner.

Here some pictures of the interior:

(in the meantime I have installed the original radio!)

Stefan
    Stefan

...or find someone parting a RHD car and snag their passenger side which should gave a grab bar.
    John Thompson

1966 912. My first car. Bought it Nov. 25, 1988. Still have it.

Hi John,
    this would be definitely be a work around. But I will keep it now as it is => as that's the original state (except the three oddities mentioned from mshaver51).
    Stefan
    Stefan