Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Escrow.com

Escrow.com

Can anyone advise if Escrow.com is a good and "safe" way to facilitate a transaction between myself and a USA based purchaser
    of a car from Down Under

Open to any suggestions for a "safe" option for both buyer and seller who are unknown to one another.
    Last edited by BOYER73S; 04-09-2015 at 04:22 AM.
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Used it recently to sell Alfa. Took a few days to get cash but otherwise fine. Legit.
    1969 911S Targa
    1970 911S Coupe
    1973 911T w 3.2
    1972 Alfa GTV 2000

Listed company in USA??? and no disrespect here but we are talking a lot more than an Alfa GTV so feeling a bit nervous.
    Clyde Boyer

TYP 901 Register Inc #6

I used them years ago for a multiple six figure transaction.You're good.

Hello,

My name is Louie and I am a customer service representative at Escrow.com. I would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have regarding our services. You can reach me directly at lborrego@escrow.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Here is an overview of how our service works;

Once you have registered with Escrow.com, you will be able to create a transaction. You need the other parties' email address to setup the transaction. Once terms are agreed upon, the buyer will be prompted to send payment. Once funds are secured, Escrow.com will instruct the seller to ship the merchandise. When the buyer has received the merchandise, the inspection period (as defined by both parties in the terms) will begin. Anytime during the inspection period, the buyer will need to login to Escrow.com and either accept or reject the merchandise. Upon the buyer’s acceptance, Escrow.com will disburse funds to the seller. If the buyer rejects the item, he/she will need to ship the merchandise (at their cost) back to the seller; who will then have a five day inspection period. If the seller accepts, funds will be returned to the buyer less Escrow.com fees and return payment method. If the seller rejects the merchandise, both parties will have 14 days to come to a resolution. If a resolution cannot be reached, both parties will have 14 days to choose an arbitration service.

Sincerely,

Louie Borrego
    Customer Service Representative
    Escrow.com and Internet Escrow Services, Inc.
    30318 Esperanza
    Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92688
    888-511-8600 USA & Canada
    1-949-635-3800 International

Word travels fast to the source- someone here have an equity stake in Escrow.com?

I've used as well with a seller in Japan- worked out good.
    1974 MFI Carrera
    1992 Carrera RS

S Reg #1245

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleid View Post
    Word travels fast to the source- someone here have an equity stake in Escrow.com?
    They probably have a programmed search to notify them anytime their name comes up in a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by BOYER73S View Post
    Listed company in USA??? and no disrespect here but we are talking a lot more than an Alfa GTV so feeling a bit nervous.
    Have you priced a nice GTV lately? Not Porsche S money but decent early T money.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alfa-Romeo-O...m=231525299148
    1969 911S Targa
    1970 911S Coupe
    1973 911T w 3.2
    1972 Alfa GTV 2000

Wow

Guess price in Australia haven't caught up with Nth America then can still buy a good series 2 1750 for about $15000US out here.

Maybe I should buy a few.
    Clyde Boyer

TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Quote Originally Posted by BOYER73S View Post
    Wow

Guess price in Australia haven't caught up with Nth America then can still buy a good series 2 1750 for about $15000US out here.

Maybe I should buy a few.

Considering the forum, I thought you might be interested in this short interview our president just did with Hemmings Radio.

http://www.hemmings.com/hemmings_rad...ted_episode=72