Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: 1970 PORSCHE 911S Coupe

FS: 1970 PORSCHE 911S Coupe

Serial # 9110300040 Engine # 6300078 Coupe, no sunroof, Build Date 12/01/1969

Color Change This 911S was originally finished in 1818 Albert Blue. When purchased by me in 1989 it had undergone a very poor quality repaint in the same color, which was already deteriorating. I had the rolling chassis stripped, and all glass out, doors and lids off repaint done in Silvermetallic, to match my 1969 targa. This repaint was concours quality at the time, but now is showing some signs of age in a few areas.

Front Spoiler This spoiler was apparently a dealer installed add on by the original owner at some time during his ownership. I do not have the original bumper for the front.

Front Seats There are currently leather Corbeau High Back seats installed. The COA lists sport seats, but they were not with this car when purchased by me in 1989.

Other Details The batteries are currently AGM, the windshield washer system is not with the car, there is a high torque starter installed, there is a 1973 outside mirror installed,

IN SUMMARY A very nice 3 owner car, purchased in Santa Clara, CA by me as a long term project in 1989. It has been mostly in storage for the last 25 years. It had covered 144,000 miles when purchased, and was in very good original condition with very worn paint and a very worn but original drivetrain. I have since refurbished all mechanical systems - from engine including new Mahle pistons and cylinders, refurbished heads, cams, oil pump, all MFI systems, SSI exhaust, 930 chain tensioners. New suspension, brakes, transmission rebuilt, new clutch, starter. Engine and undercarriage sheet metal all powdercoated. The MFI was done by Gus Pfister and Norbert Eberhardt in the bay area

This car was orginally purchased in Bakersfield, CA. This chassis has never rusted, never had any bodywork, or repairs of any kind. It was originally painted 1818 Albert Blue and specified with sport seats that were not with the car when I purchased in 1989. I had the car repainted in 1996 from bare metal in Silvermetallic, photos of this process are available. All glass out, doors off, hood, deck lid, engine, transaxle out of car for respray. No traces of original color are to be found.

The car has factory power windows, Blaupunkt radio,and Corbeau leather seats as it sits today. I have installed AGM batteries, a later rectangular outside mirror, a Dansk SS muffler, and a few other non original items that make the car driveable. This has always been a project car for me, as witnessed by the very low mileage driven in my ownership. I have many receipts dating back to the first owner, showing the mileage documented at 148,000 miles today.

I have the COA, and records showing all work done in my ownership. Car is currently located in Austin, TX.

I consider this car to be a most excellent driver quality example of an Early 911S. The 2.2 liter engine is a high revving, very enjoyable powerplant that will send chills up your spine as it approaches 7000 rpm with glee. Considering it a solid #2 on the Hagerty scale, I am lowering my asking price to $150,000, cash and carry. All paperwork is in order, the car is licensed in TX until 2018 currently.

I can be reached at >five one two -- two nine four -- zero six three zero

email me at> billconway at me dot com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by silverc4s; 04-17-2015 at 11:11 AM.
    Bill Conway, Early S Registry member #254
    1970 S, 2.2L Silvermetallic Coupe
    1973 T, 3.2L Black Carrera Targa
    1969 T, 2.4L Silvermetallic Targa

Additional photos

Here are some additional pictures

Still more pictures

Final set of photos

Hi!

You should have called it "Outlaw". Car sitting on a disabled place, just in front of the city Hall!!!

Couldn't resist sorry.

Btw, a very nice car... and a free bump!

Olivier.

Yeah, I hadn't noticed that until you mentioned! Cars & Coffee in Leander, TX. Parking directed by the fine firefighters of Leander....so I guess just this once.....��

Thanks for the bump and nice words.

Bill, Good luck selling your very nice 911S!
    Member No. 2861
    @p911r on Instagram

Many thanks Michael! Nice to spend time with you in Kerrville, hope to see you,again next year.

Price lowered to $150,000 ono. See my expanded description as edited above.
    Thanks to all that have participated

My beautiful coupe / mistress of 25 years is moving back to California. Thanks to all here for the attention and kind words. New owner will probably have a great story starting soon...

Congrats to you and the buyer. Nice looking car.

Scott
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)