Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: @motorcarstudio.com - 1971 E Period Race car. German Race history

FS: @motorcarstudio.com - 1971 E Period Race car. German Race history

Nice Wagenpass and Original German Title.
    http://www.motorcarstudio.com/1281_V...-911E-for-sale
    1965 911 Factory Paint to Sample Orange
    1967 911S Bahama Yellow
    1968 911 S Blood Orange
    1971 911S Gold Metallic Peter Gregg
    1974 Carrera RS Blue Metallic
    1990 RUF RCT Estonia's car

The car is now at the Walter Mitty race at Road Atlanta. inside pits. Turn one stop by and check her out.
    Thanks. Tate
    1967 911S Bahama Yellow
    1968 911 S Blood Orange

This vintage racer is still for sale. Will sell without engine and Trans if you have your own race set up to install. Should be able to race in a few different classes in the US and Europe.
    Wagenpass and German Title are quite interesting. Thanks
    1967 911S Bahama Yellow
    1968 911 S Blood Orange

VIN = 9111200489
    Eng# = 6210756
    Trans# = ?

'. . . Motorcar Studio is pleased to offer this 1971 Porsche 911E race car. Very well documented with its original German title / registration document (Kraftfahrzeugbrief) and its original Wagenpass. Built into a race car in 1986, it subsequently ran all of the important German races including Hockenheim and 24 Hours of Nurburgring in both 1987 and 1988.

The car's owner in Germany was an officer in the U.S. Army; he was transferred back to the U.S. in 1989 and he imported the car the same year. All import documentation is included. He continued to campaign the car in the U.S. until it was bought and campaigned by John Bourassa, Joachim Warmbold and John Forbes.

The car was running a Black Forest Racing engine built by John Forbes, but after a missed shift (and a blown motor) at Sebring in the mid-1990s it has been off the track and in storage ever since. 901 gearbox with limited slip was rebuilt shortly before engine failure and still feels excellent. BBS wheels. Enduro 26-gallon fuel cell. After a recent re-commissioning in our shop, it's now running and driving on a 3.0 liter street motor; the car starts, runs and stops but will need some further updating and sorting to be race ready.

Given the German race history and documentation, it's a great candidate for repatriation to Europe . . .'

(Not mine)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LongRanger; 05-09-2015 at 03:37 PM.

We Can Be Heroes

Correct. Longranger, this is NOT your car. I assume you have one car that you wash and make love to every weekend. There is no need for you to try and document every one else's cars. Please get another hobby besides bumping old threads from 10 years ago... Get outside and drive a car. I am sure I speak for many. Please spare us.. Thanks
    1967 911S Bahama Yellow
    1968 911 S Blood Orange

Quote Originally Posted by 1970rsr View Post
    Correct. Longranger, this is NOT your car. I assume you have one car that you wash and make love to every weekend. There is no need for you to try and document every one else's cars. Please get another hobby besides bumping old threads from 10 years ago... Get outside and drive a car. I am sure I speak for many. Please spare us.. Thanks
    +1, agree with you Tate

Who knows, you might just be researching a car one day and run across some very valuable info courtesy of one of our many historians. Bet you wouldn't feel "spared" then. Posting details to this site from other sites creates valuable timelines. Links go dead, information in links get's deleted,,,,stories get changed.....

I don't understand the vitriol.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

"Links go dead, information in links get's deleted,,,,stories get changed....."

Ain't that the truth.
    Porsche taste on a Volkswagen budget...

Hm . . . only posting info that was already posted somewhere else --- + by you, too . . .

. . . Nice Wagenpass and Original German Title.
    http://www.motorcarstudio.com/1281_V...-911E-for-sale
    Think of it as a free bump

. . . this is NOT your car . . . There is no need for you to try and document every one else's cars. Please get another hobby . . .
    . . . and here I thought our site was called a 'registry'

We Can Be Heroes

Jus' Cars

Quote Originally Posted by 70SATMan View Post
    . . . Who knows, you might just be researching a car one day and run across some very valuable info . . . Posting details to this site from other sites creates valuable timelines . . .
    Thanks, Mike --- + you, too, jos

I think of all the people who come to Our Site --- many for the 1st time . . . all asking the same question . . .

'Does anybody know anything about my car?'

I'd love to be able to help someone find out about theirs --- the way that people here have helped me find out about mine

As for this 'hobby' --- I only put up stuff that's already be published someplace else --- citing my sources, too . . . auctions, for-sale ads, magazine stuff, web-sites, etc

And I never ever publish stuff that's on our Members' list --- that's something that paying-members can read for themselves + at their leisure

I've always said --- I want Our Site to be The Site for Things Early 911. And sharing whatever pics or accounts or details there are that I come across --- without rancor or commentary, neither for or against, never one-way-or-t'other . . .

. . . I hope will bring more people here

No 'hidden agendas' . . .

. . . no 'ulterior motives' . . .

. . . no nefariousness . . .

. . . and never any offence intended

Just Early 911s
    Last edited by LongRanger; 05-09-2015 at 09:27 PM.

We Can Be Heroes