Thread: FS: 1974 Euro Carrera 2.7 MFI

FS: 1974 Euro Carrera 2.7 MFI

Update.......
    Last edited by Bert; 10-12-2016 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Update
    Bert Jayasekera
    1970 911T - Tangerine Orange
    Early 911S Registry #494
    R Gruppe #167

Would you perhaps like to explain exactly how "Porsche continued to extend the homologation of the legendary 1973 Carrera RS by introducing the Euro Carrera 2.7 MFI (mechanical fuel injection) model in 1974". It would help everyone to know what parts fitted to a 1974 Carrera or indeed a 1975 Carrera were used for the purposes of homologation.

AMAZING color!

What about the silver trim?
    I know all 2.7Mfi were made with black trim (Made only for Carrera version)
    It's the silver trim on the Kardex as a special optional?

It's the Ducktail original or reproduction?
    Carrera script is in the wrong position

Any photo of the interior??

Nice car, but at that price Good Luck with sale....
    Last edited by Pirulero; 04-22-2015 at 09:32 AM.

IMHO

Never see a COA wit a list of option of that kind, It seems a general description of the car.
    The words used are Strange and not common with others CoA I saw.

Strange also the production data...first of January is holiday in Europe.
    I know a 2.7MFI Coupè with a Vin number of +150 respect to this and it was produced in May...only 150 cars produced from January to May are very few in my opinion.

In MY74 doesn't exist "black leatherette", it was called "midnightblue leatherette"

And is very Strange what they write:
    Chrome headlamp rings
    and then
    Headlamp rings coloured

In MY74 they were always Chrome

Maybe a new CoA from Porsche can solve all this questions

You have to "know" somebody to get the super secret COA
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

I looked at a battered old rhd carrera targa last year. with chrome. took me a while to figure out that there was a chrome trim option but only for Carreras, M446. I must admit that "black trims in chrome - chrome parts in black" is, at best, also a confusing read.

I haven't seen an option for the wheels to be 7 and 8

I have CoAs for mine. Have to be honest and say that both are lacking in detail. Record keeping was poor.

And for one of my cars I actually have have two CoA, one from Germany, one form the Uk and they are not identical. So available records and who looks for them can be a variable.

But 1st Dec '73 was my given date for production completion of a RHD Targa with Vin in the mid 100's. Hard to imagine, if the sequence ran through coupe and targa together, that they made 600 cars in December.

Also, I have never been clear if, on '74 cars, ducktail was a listed option or ducktail delete was the option? seems you could have gone either way. Anyone know? Neither of my '74 CoAs say anything about ducktails but Red Book says it was an option (except in Germany where it was not allowed) but does not give an option code. But based on that, if this was a German delivered car, there should be no ducktail.

Maybe when the definitive Carrera 2.7 book gets printed we will all be better informed; but at these prices that can't happen soon enough.
    S-Reg #3160

Great cars though, no doubt about that. And someone who was at Essen told me a good example flew off the stand at Euro 350k.

So, good luck with the sale.
    S-Reg #3160

Very nice car Bert, rare colour, very desiderable to have the 7 and 8 inch Fuchs on COA.
    Being a German-delivery car, I think the ducktail (and front spoiler) were added later, but they give a nice sportier look. I wouldn't expect the build dates to be precise, in my experience at best they indicate the month of build.

Like JB21, I heard that the first-paint yellow example at PS Automobile http://www.psautomobile.de/?mod=fahrzeugangebote&aid=66 was sold in Essen for Eur350k the first day, with another green one-owner one for slightly less, so market seems hot for these cars. GLWS
    Andrea
    Early S registry #1082

Nice colour. However, there should be "tower type" headlight sprinklers on the front bumper as standard for 74 ROW Carrera ... shouldn't they?
    Member #2768 http://www.no-speedlimit.it

• 1973 Biancaneve - 911 2.4 S/F Ivory
    • 1977 Fiona - 911 Carrera 3.0 Oak Green Metallic
    • 1993 Bellatrix - 964 Turbo 3.6 Black

I keep a registry of 1972 and 1973 2.4 S coupé chassis. Infos always welcome!!!

Instagram
    Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Biancaneve View Post
    Nice colour. However, there should be "tower type" headlight sprinklers on the front bumper as standard for 74 ROW Carrera ... shouldn't they?

I don't think they were standard.
    I think they were optionals.

Standard hasn't headlight sprinkler (in Italy for sure)