Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SWB spring plate to go with LWB spring plate adjustor.

SWB spring plate to go with LWB spring plate adjustor.

I'm looking into having a SWB spring plate made that will work with the S/C & Carrera adjustible part of the spring plate. I just don't want to take the time to cut or have someone cut the LWB plates. Just take the LWB plate off add the SWB plate to the adjusting part and you have a factory like adjustable spring plate for what I hope is a reasonable price. The LWB adjustable spring plates seem to go for $125 to $150. If you have S/C or Carrera spring plates laying around and have a SWB car your almost there. If you have interest I'll let you know how much they are when I get a price to make them.
    Chris

I picked up 6 sets of stainless steel SWB spring plates today. One set for me and 5 to sell. I took one set to the guy who does my polishing and told him to do one side on both pieces. I sold 2 sets to the first two people I showed them to. I have 3 sets left. $100 for two plates plus USPS fixed rate shipping. I also picked up 2 sets of SC/Carrera adjusters I had c clips installed in. One set for the LWB 69E I'm restoring and one set for my car. I'm looking forward to installing these.
    Chris
    Attached Images Attached Images

Another set gone. Down to 2 sets.

This is a GREAT idea Chris.... I've moved it over here now
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

I'll take a set Chris, PM sent.

I'm in for a set. Will save me time and money getting a set cut down.

Elephant makes them(SWB) with new rubber and the groove/circlip for their trick torsion bars....or stock as you wish. Easy fit, new rubber.
    Mark Smedley
    '59 VW Typ I
    '69 911T 2.7
    '86 930
    '04 GT3
    '16 Boxster GTS
    '08 MBZ AMG CLK 63 Black Series

Chuck,
    Sorry for putting this in the wrong area. It looks like more than 5 sets are sold. I'll let folks know who were the 1st 5 and I quess I'll have a few more sets made up next week based on demand.
    Chris

PS- I'm not competing with Chuck at Elephant. These are for DIY guys who have LWB stuff laying around and want to do this themselves.
    I've bought all my cooling stuff from him for my POLO car and will be buying a drivers side cooler and lines next winter from him for my car. He will be getting my business for a 911e and a 912 POLO car I'll build for a friend. Plus hollow TB's etc. This was nothing more than a fun little project like my seat recliners and some SWB splitters for my car. Chuck would starve on the small volume stuff I do. Oh and his stuff is awesome.
    Last edited by Chris Pomares; 05-28-2015 at 05:22 PM.

The plates just fit in a medium USPS box. $12.65.
    $100.00 for the plates.
    $12.65 shipping.
    $112.65 total
    I'll try and reply to everyone buy Saturday.

Great idea....
    registry# 1283