Thread: FS: 1971 T Targa

FS: 1971 T Targa

I have decided to sell my 1971 Targa and look for a newer, but still vintage 911. A short history of the car and photos are at: http://www.kuresman.com/Als_Targa/Als_1971_Porsche.html
    Asking $48,000 or offer. Due to a previous committment i will be in Texas next week and have limited ability to respond to questions but will do my best. Cell is 206 335 2912.
    I will post COA but pertinent info is, vin 9111113380, engine 6118097, tranny 710131, Exterior color Burgandy Red/24, interior Beige/tan leatherette. Options were; Group 03, Auotmatic safety belts, front L/R, comfort equipment, antenna w loudspeaker and noise suppression, pirelli tires.
    Car is in Brentwood, CA near Walnut Creek and not LA.
    al

'. . . My car is a late 71 production (96 from end of production) car. It is number matching per COA. It sat in dry storage in Farfield, CA for 11 years before a Portland, OR dealer acquired the car in 2012 and flatbedded it to Portland. The engine was removed, detailed and all time affected lines, gaskets, seals etc were replaced. I have his detailed invoice for $4500 in parts and labor. Includes all return tubes, oil lines, pressure sender etc., 2 new axle assembly, drive seal and CV joints. Brakes flushed and new hoses and all 4 calipers rebuilt. Tune up and valve adjustment etc. I saw the car for sale in May 2102, agreed on a price and had A&P Specialties in Portland do a PPI. The inspection indicated a car in relatively good condition, with no sign of accidents, very little rust and in near stock condition. I had several repairs done to the car including new tires and optima battery, flew to Portland and drove it 600 miles to my ID home. I have original owners manual with red cover, maintenance book (serviced for 33,000 miles shows), jack, tool roll and part of the tool kit. Car appears to be stock with original interior and seats but is missing door pockets and and has speakers cut into the doors. Respray by PO looks similar to bahia red. Car had AC but compressor and under dash vents are gone. We moved to Brentwood, CA in 2014 and I started driving the car more as 200-300 inches/year of snow at my Sun Valley ID home curbed my driving time. The car had some electrical issues that concernd me so i took it to a local California 911 shop and had $4000+ in additional work done including swapping permatune for MSD ignition system, fix valve and oil tank leaks, new shocks (Bilsteins), complete alignment etc. I just had a new dash installed and coco mats . . .'

(Not mine)
    Attached Images Attached Images

We Can Be Heroes

Hi All,

I just wanted to update everyone on the sale of my 71 Targa. The car ad generated a lot of interest and I had a number of offers of full price subjet to confirming the condition of car. Interestingly many of the offers were from Europe and the car is going to Belgium. Buyer had an agent/friend local to me who inspected the car, drove it and provided substantial cash deposit. The international wire cleared and the car should on the docks in Oakland shortly. Though I enjoyed the car during my ownership a number of years passed and I am looking for something a bit newer. I hope to find a 993 in the next 4 months that I can drive to Rensport in Sept.
    al kuresman
    Last edited by laneranch; 05-21-2015 at 09:16 AM.