Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am about to buy a 1972 Alfa GT Junior 1300

I am about to buy a 1972 Alfa GT Junior 1300

Does anyone have an early Alfa that can share some experience or point me in the direction of a good forum similar to the early Registry for Alfa cars?

IMG_9011.jpg by T M Paterson, on Flickr
    Early 911S Registry #2278

Here'ya go...
    http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/

Hope this helps,

Chuck
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Love the Alfa's. Congrats on the purchase.
    Registry Member #1583
    '73 911 S Aubergine (VIN#9113301295)

I am also considering buying one too. Thats a lovely junior, don't let it get away !
    San

53 Pre A, 65 356
    70 914/6 GT
    65 912, 67 911
    71 911 Targa,72 E Tara, 73 911 Targa
    70 911 S,71 911 S,70 911 T,
    71 911 T, 72 911 E ,73 911 T
    74 911 Coupe
    74 911 Targa
    1972 RennSport Bus

Early Reg # 771

Thanks for the recommendation to alfabb. The car is due to be inspected, if everything goes well she will be mine.

IMG_9010.jpg by T M Paterson, on Flickr

that's a really pretty car. alfabb is terrific. looks like you are in the UK? Black & White Garage and Alfaholics are really good sources of assistance.

i have a 1969 1750 GTV its a wonderful car. put some velocity stacks on the carbs and a straight pipe exhaust and the noise is incredible. car feels like you are going 100 mph and you're going 35!

If you're looking for an Alfa, there's a very nice looking '74 GTV for sale at Robert Francis classic cars in Peapack, NJ (www.rfsportscars.com). I think they're asking $40k.

Alan
    Alan
    N.J.

1964 E-Type roadster
    1969 911S
    1988 328GTB
    2002 Maranello

Thanks for the replys. Yes UK based. I have bought the car, it's now booked into Alfaholics for the fast road package suspension. The big requirement for me is connection to the road then I will take it from there.

Looking forward to a labour of love with this.

The Alafbb is great, lots of good information. I can't seem to find another UK based site to rival it.

I will post more pictures when I get the car.

I love those early GTs and GTVs...the sight of a GTA makes me a stammering fool.
    ...had a '74 GTV for many years and I've been on the AlfaBB forum for almost as long.
    hope to own another some day
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I have a website now:
    www.markmorrissey.org

Instagram: @Mark0Morrissey

Sorry for not updating the thread, I am enjoying the Alfa so far. I haven't driven it in the last few months with the poor weather.

Alfaholics did an outstanding job on the suspension and brakes, the car is so sweet and smooth, the engine is a bit of an unknown but hasn't faltered so far. The car isn't really about acceleration its all about maintaining the momentum, low speeds feel quite fast as well, so very enjoyable all in all. The body is worse than I had expected, always a risk buying unseen, so the plan now is to have so of this sorted and delve a bit deeper to see whats beneath.

Some pictures from last year. I love the look of these cars.