Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: A Round Steering wheel thingy PN: 914 347 805 10 $350

FS: A Round Steering wheel thingy PN: 914 347 805 10 $350

I have for sale a great core steering wheel to be restored. I will also include the standard horn button (not hockey puck) but will have to add the picture of that later today. Please look at all the details and let me know if you're interested.

I'll happily ship anywhere at actual cost to the buyer. If you want me to send it directly to Dallas Customs or wherever, I can do that as well. Thanks

Jim's words so he doesn't have to tell you what is the right wheel and what isn't...
    "914 347 805 10................... Leather covered, rubber rimmed steering wheel 70/71 914/4 and 914/6 and (apparently) 73 Carrera RSs. (The best choice for 911s) These are the ones
    that are flat on the front."

$350
    IMG_4149.jpgIMG_4154.jpgIMG_4156.jpgIMG_4157.jpg
    Last edited by jos.hall; 05-07-2015 at 08:30 AM.
    Porsche taste on a Volkswagen budget...

Price drop Bump $280 gets it shipped in the US. Here's the Horn button that will come with it.

IMG_5080.jpg

Sent you a pm.
    Rgds,
    Sean.
    S Registry#2021

Josh

After reading your totally honest and up front ad.
    I am ready to bestow you the rank of Cadet, 911 Steering Wheel Police
    Congratulations!

Jim
    Chief, 911 Steering Wheel Police

Take it back Jim

806 10 is the RS wheel as we have shown time and time again. This is NOT an RS wheel it IS the same size but it IS NOT what is listed in the original parts book as an RS wheel....

Perhaps I can convince you to change your info in that thread to remove the (apparently RS Carrera) for an 805 10 wheel.
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Quote Originally Posted by BOYER73S View Post
    Take it back Jim

806 10 is the RS wheel as we have shown time and time again. This is NOT an RS wheel it IS the same size but it IS NOT what is listed in the original parts book as an RS wheel....

Perhaps I can convince you to change your info in that thread to remove the (apparently RS Carrera) for an 805 10 wheel.
    You are ,of course, right. I will make a change in my post.
    I don't think there is any difference at all in appearance between an 805 10 and a 806 10 wheel, though.
    Would you say that is a correct assumption?

Regards

Jim

Dang! Here I thought I had done all the homework there was. As is par for American society, I refuse to admit any guilt or step down from my post as cadet. I will however change the title of my post (as you will note). Sometimes the less you post, the better.

interesting question - why would they change a part # but not change the part?

I have never owned an 805 10 wheel to compare to the few 806 10 wheels I have owned so can't answer that Jim...but I would love to be able to put it to bed
    once and for all though.
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Quote Originally Posted by BOYER73S View Post
    I have never owned an 805 10 wheel to compare to the few 806 10 wheels I have owned so can't answer that Jim...but I would love to be able to put it to bed
    once and for all though.
    So would I but it just won't go away!