Thread: anybody knows what heads these are??

anybody knows what heads these are??

Hi,

I have recently acquired a box with 911 heads and I found a few which I can't identify.

Anybody knows what these are:

911.104.322.0R (dated 8/73 and K1819q). These heads have double ignition and massive in/outlets. Both in and out are 44mm. Does not look like a aftermarket modification. Any ideas?

and

911.104.306.0R (dated 11/69 K1819g). These heads also have double spark plug holes. Outlets are 41 and inlets are 32,5.

Any ideas on what these are?

Is there a book/website showing are the types and dates belonging to the oR....7R etc nummers?

Thanks, frank

911.104.322.0R should be factory 2.8 RSR heads and the 911.104.306.0R is a 911E head, which is probably modified…

Hi Elferhelfer,

Thanks a lot for your quick response!! Are you aware of a book/website where I can find these numbers?

Thanks, frank

Early 911S Registry # 237 NeunElf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frank912 View Post
    Hi Elferhelfer,

Thanks a lot for your quick response!! Are you aware of a book/website where I can find these numbers?

Thanks, frank
    You can download Porsche parts catalogs from http://www.porsche.com/usa/accessori...artscatalogue/. They have many of the parts number and their applications. But, they don't have the parts numbers you listed.

Bruce Anderson's 911 Performance Handbook has some information on the '73 Carrera 2.8 RSR engine [911/72]. Bruce says it has 49mm intakes and 41.5 exhaust valves.
    Last edited by NeunElf; 05-12-2015 at 02:04 PM.
    Jim Alton
    Torrance, CA
    Early 911S Registry # 237

1965 Porsche 911 coupe
    1958 Porsche 356A cabriolet

Hi Jim,

Cool! Thanks for your help. I have the book of mr Anderson somewhere. I will dig it up.

Thanks, frank

Member #226 R Gruppe Life Member #147
    The factory racing heads should have 12mm spark plug installed top and bottom. Gordon