Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: When will it end???

When will it end???

I haven't been on here much lately but I logged in the other day to check in on things, etc and I see several threads/posts that really made me want to start this thread. This has prompted me to ask the question: "When will all the unnecessary censorship end?" How come members on here ask questions to the "moderators" and they aren't ignored (Questions like why my thread is in off topic, Frank asking Chuck to put his posts back up, to be a moderator, etc.) but yet jokes between friends, harmless posts, threads, etc are all deleted because a certain moderator disagrees with them? How can you expect to gain paying members on here when this occurs? Who would WANT to be a paying member where this occurs? Just some thoughts I've been mulling over lately. Let me know what ya think! Maybe if more people chime in, some people may see the error of their ways.

I wonder how long this will stay up?
    1971 911t coupe
    2002 Camaro z/28

This thread will either be put in the Off Topic section, and/or closed....

Well, at least you had the wiseness to put it by ourself in off topic.

I remember posting a vid of a 3 breasted woman and the link was removed 3 times... Can you imagine that? a 3 breasted woman!!! A shame it was censored!

BOREDOM!!!!

3, 2, 1..... deleted?

Olivier.

Banned
    Olivier, I don't believe you.

Seb, As long as "moderating" is done from a Left Coast PC viewpoint, expect nothing to change. They are our guardians you know.

What I would like to know is where Michael Hammond fits into the picture? As the owner of ESR who sells merchandise here I would think he would be more involved. Or am I mistaken on this?

BTW,
    I am deeply offended. Off Topic used to be the safe harbor for self proclaimed rubbish and verbal abuse. A place where we could lay around in our underwear, pass occasional gas, discuss absolutely meaningless things (like date stamped Fuchs) and carry on as miscreants and misfits. And if we said something stupid, everyone wouldn't care but still call us an idiot and a dumbaz. Yes, much like being at home with the Mrs; or if you live in the South, dinner with your in-laws.

Now a thread about a 911 shows up?
    What kind of crap IS THAT?

nemo me impune lacessit Kris Clewell's Avatar
    without a black and white all or nothing line, its tough to moderate. I run a forum/club that at one point was very large, and as busy as here or busier. Its very difficult to moderate properly, fairly, and in a way that works for everyone. That said they could be a little more elastic around here...
    -Kris Clewell

Professional photojournalist

red decklid club member #1

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Clewell View Post
    without a black and white all or nothing line, its tough to moderate. I run a forum/club that at one point was very large, and as busy as here or busier. Its very difficult to moderate properly, fairly, and in a way that works for everyone. That said they could be a little more elastic around here...
    Sounds like a safe Left Coast PC type answer.... We're all grown men around here. As it's been said before, if you are personally offended by someone let them know. There's no need to micro manage the forum. Especially when the majority of the traffic is by the same 10-15 guys.
    Porsche taste on a Volkswagen budget...

agreed - Flame on (when warranted)
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Quote Originally Posted by jos.hall View Post
    Sounds like a safe Left Coast PC type answer.... We're all grown men around here. As it's been said before, if you are personally offended by someone let them know. There's no need to micro manage the forum. Especially when the majority of the traffic is by the same 10-15 guys.
    Take it as you will, but pleasing everyone is impossible. I'd like to think everyone is able to police themselves but it isnt that way. There are easily offended people that freak out. You want a forum to be a welcoming place for new members but also a place where discourse can occur openly. It IS hard. In hindsight I myself wish I would have been looser with the moderating back in the day. Anyways, Don't you guys remember how I came in here saying whoever owned my car in the past was a hack and I called him out on all the stupid shit he did? I almost got banned for that even though its completely true. The guy wigged out and started getting all personal, PM'ing me, and moderators like crazy. It was ridiculous. Anyways, someone must have vouched for me because im still here. It took me a year to even get my project thread back, and even then it had to be "cleaned up" before it was unlocked. Kinda lameish.

Like I said though, this place seems especially sterile...
    -Kris Clewell

Banned
    Common sense thoughts Kris.

I for one will always listen to a guy who can command a gallery while changing gear oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Common sense thoughts Kris.

I for one will always listen to a guy who can command a gallery while changing gear oil.
    haha! for those wondering, he's referring to this:

-Kris Clewell

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Olivier, I don't believe you.

Seb, As long as "moderating" is done from a Left Coast PC viewpoint, expect nothing to change. They are our guardians you know.

What I would like to know is where Michael Hammond fits into the picture? As the owner of ESR who sells merchandise here I would think he would be more involved. Or am I mistaken on this?

BTW,
    I am deeply offended. Off Topic used to be the safe harbor for self proclaimed rubbish and verbal abuse. A place where we could lay around in our underwear, pass occasional gas, discuss absolutely meaningless things (like date stamped Fuchs) and carry on as miscreants and misfits. And if we said something stupid, everyone wouldn't care but still call us an idiot and a dumbaz. Yes, much like being at home with the Mrs; or if you live in the South, dinner with your in-laws.

Now a thread about a 911 shows up?
    What kind of crap IS THAT?
    I just don't understand why every single thing on here has to be micro-managed to the point where we can't even have FUN. Isn't having fun and enjoying each other's company what this hobby is all about? I just wish more people would step up and voice their opinion and MAYBE we could see something get done about it? I for one am tired of missing Frank's gems (for instance I missed out on the air-cooled post that got deleted). Hell, we all need a good laugh now and then and if the member has a problem they can address that person themselves no need for moderators doing the interpreting for them.
    1971 911t coupe
    2002 Camaro z/28