Thread: Looking for my Father's 1971 911T Targa...

Looking for my Father's 1971 911T Targa...

Hello!

Brand new to this forum, but a long time admirer of the long hood 911's. I currently do not own an early 911 and with the price situation am not sure if I ever will, but I did once! And it is that car that brings me to this group with the hope that someone out there might know something about a particular car.

In 1971, my father purchased this car brand new from stock from Holbert's Porsche in Warrington, PA. He daily drove it for about 8 years and then it became mine to use, but was still registered to him as I was but a poor college student. He signed the title over to me after a few more years, but by then, the car had sat in storage for a few years while I was assigned to a remote city for a few years. I paid to keep the car with me as a non-running roller up until 1995, when young kids and financial concerns forced me to throw in the towel on any thought of restoration. Guy I sold it to restored it and I lost track of the car until last week, when an impulse of curiosity made me type the VIN into Google and the ad pictured at the link above appeared. VIN was super easy to remember: 9111113043

I was stunned to see the car again and to see that just a few short months ago (March of 2015), the car had been sold by this dealer "European Collectibles" in Los Angeles. My fathers signature and the address of the home I grew up as shown on the paperwork pictured in the advert added to the eerie feeling of seeing this car on line. I would like to get in touch with the person who bought the car or the current owner to share information about the car. Of course, I have information that I can share which validates my identity as the original owner's son which I would share with the current owner if I can locate him/her. The dealer has not responded to my outreach so far.

Any tips appreciated. I can be reached through the private message system of this forum or at cholld "at" aol "dot" com.

Thank you!

Chris Holliday

Hey, Chris . . .

Interesting 1st post --- + really cool that you've come here looking for an old car. If anyone needs a reason to post a VIN . . .

Anyway --- that would feel pretty weird, huh? . . . seeing your Dad's old car 20 years later

As for 'getting in touch' . . .

. . . I'd hit up EC, tell 'em who you are + show 'em what you've got. They prolly have some way of getting in touch w/ The New Owner, so . . .

. . . they might be able to put you Guys together --- if the New Owner wants to

Worth a try?

HtH

We Can Be Heroes

Ask for Jeff Trask. He is an avid 356 and 912 Community Activist