Thread: Porsche advertises new dashboard for 69-73 (lwb)

Porsche advertises new dashboard for 69-73 (lwb)

I read a porsche magazine this morning, where Porsche Classic proudly promotes their new lwb dashboard reproduction with this photograph.

Surprisingly, they didn't bother putting the correct beige fabric around the radio....not the best way to promote their classic dept....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

59 750 pre unit triton
    63 650 gray silver bikinitub triumph thunderbird
    70 650 astralred silver triumph bonneville
    65 912 slate gray "erwin"
    73 914 ravennagreen "ferdl"
    erwin_loves_polo

Hi, I fitted one yesterday and will get some pics if it helps?

Alan

Thanks Alan. I think there a lot of us who would like to see it.
    Haasman

Registry #2489
    R Gruppe #722
    65 911 #302580
    70 914-6 #9140431874
    73 911s #9113300709

I want everybody's input on this. Especially the ones who have seen the dash in person. It looks to me that the gap around the speaker is larger on all the the repro dashes. The original's seemed to have a fairly tight fit. Am I off my rocker on this one or is this true?

Hi, I am happy to show pics if it helps? ie does it fit and basically do the job. But if you want to compare against 100% original that is a completely different answer. The response goes far beyond just dash tops (which I should add I am pleased are available) but into wheels, lights, materials, panels even the actual paint. So if it's not NOS from that era then chances are it will never be perfect.

Alan

Any pics are always welcome. It does seem odd to me though that with today's technology, they can't reproduce an exact matching dash that they made 40 years ago.

Not to throw a fly in the ointment, so to speak, but there have been several iterations/generations of Porsche Classic dashes. I just read the press release that has the date of June 1, 2015.

So my question- Is this truly a new generation of the dash, or a repromotion of the one thats been in the parts stream for several months now?
    Haasman

Registry #2489
    R Gruppe #722
    65 911 #302580
    70 914-6 #9140431874
    73 911s #9113300709

I've got the same questions. Porsche tried to sell us ill-fitting units over the last few years. Did they finally go to a quality vendor?

Check out this thread. It sounds as if there are some serious problems with this part.

Richard Newton
    Historic Racing Images