Thread: Front TTG lights + Rear Fog with a 2-stage webasto switch

Front TTG lights + Rear Fog with a 2-stage webasto switch

on my 67 I have the through the grill 118 hellas mounted with a non original dash switch . I now have mounted a rear fog that also need wiring .
    I have a original 2 stage early webasto switch with 6 (1-6) terminals that I wil use for both front TTG and rear fog. I rarely use the TTG as the don't give mutch usable light, but the rear fog is very important in our wet fogy climate. So my idea is to use 1 stage to the front and 2 stage to the rear fog, with both lighting at the same time, or front of and rear on?

can someone help me with wiring examples using the 2 stage webasto switch

thanks

Lars
    1967 911 Bahama Yellow
    1962 356 TB 6 Slate Grey
    1982 911 SC gone
    1965 911 gone
    1968 911L gone

Lars
    I have front 118's and rear fog as well with a 2 stage (instead of the unobtainable three stage switch - 2 pulls and a twist - that I have not been able to find). I think my switch is for the two stage rear window but i dont think that matters. In my case I would use the front lights much more than the back so I have first pull front second pull rear. If you would use the rears more why not reverse that.
    Also I think the wiring of the switch depends very much on the road rules in your area. I have them wired so that the fogs can work when the side lights are on as well as when main beams are on. I did not do the wiring (got someone who knows what they are doing to do it), and all my lights are wired so that the main current does not go thru the switches but direct to the lights via relays (including front and rear fogs) and the factory wiring loom only works the relays, so i think that the power to the fog lights switch / relays comes off the side lights circuit but i am not sure. I am told that my set up (apart from the use of relays) is factory correct for Australia - but not necessarily for other places.
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776