Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: Very Original Two-Owner 1970 911S Targa

FS: Very Original Two-Owner 1970 911S Targa

For sale, again: My 1970 911S Targa, owned by me, the second owner, for more than 25 years.

Dry, practically rust free, and in good driving condition after new fuel tank, new rear calipers, CV joints, etc. Engine lightly rebuilt by Franz Blam less than 10,000 miles ago, with receipt. Needs interior and paint but will be very easy to restore. Car drives well but could use some further mechanical freshening – suspension bushings, perhaps exhaust, other details. It had been stored for 15 years (in an enclosed, dehumidified garage) and has just been brought back to life.

Extremely original condition and completely unmolested with the original gold plated emblems, unmolested brushed stainless Targa bar, etc. The engine, a correct, unmodified 2.2 liter S engine with good injection system has a blank case number, however – apparently dealer replaced engine, maybe under warranty.

The paint was believed to be original, but after closer examination appears to be a very old respray in the original burgundy color. The driver’s door was replaced after damage and has not been repainted to match, and this needs attention. Glass is all original and perfect as far as I can tell.

The car has all five original 6 x 15 Fuchs alloys, restored by Robert Wood in the 1990’s. The spare has apparently the original Michelin XWX tire on it.

The car has the original aluminum deck lid, rocker moldings, and other details. Original manual and service booklet, tools, jack, etc., and two original keys.

The original Targa top cover is in decent condition, but the headlining is falling out.

The dash is pristine and uncracked. The original seat covers (not sport) are in good condition. The carpets have crumbled to dust, however, and need complete replacement, and the interior needs other details including door pockets.
    Battery boxes are solid with slight surface rust spots; front pan has slight rust spots. Otherwise rust free. Fuel tank is new, as are the batteries.
    $110,000.

DSC_1153 (2).jpgDSC_1143 (4).jpgDSC_1137 (4).jpgDSC_1147 (4).jpg911svcrecord.jpg

Seems like a really thorough and honest ad. GLWS!
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

VIN = 9110310407
    Eng# = 6301521
    Trans# = ?

Previous mention . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ght=9110310407

. . . and thank you for advertising your car

It can be a Rough Crowd, here, but --- most everyone appreciates seeing cars like yours

We Can Be Heroes

After initial conversation with the seller, I followed up and left several voicemails and never got a call back.

I thought car was sold. GLWS

Quote Originally Posted by kennyk2 View Post
    After initial conversation with the seller, I followed up and left several voicemails and never got a call back.

I thought car was sold. GLWS
    I'm really sorry about that. I've been out of the country buried in work and didn't get your messages. Interested parties should contact me by PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 69Sman View Post
    Seems like a really thorough and honest ad. GLWS!
    Thanks! Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post
    VIN = 9110310407
    Eng# = 6301521
    Trans# = ?

Previous mention . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ght=9110310407

. . . and thank you for advertising your car

It can be a Rough Crowd, here, but --- most everyone appreciates seeing cars like yours
    Thanks! I got off to a bad start last time, listing the car prematurely, before I understood the market. Some people could have been more polite , but to some extent I got what I deserved. The car has been in the shop now, and I've done my homework, so hopefully will go better this time.
    Last edited by csawyer; 06-09-2015 at 01:08 AM.

Hi, is this a non numbers matching engine?

Quote Originally Posted by joe21 View Post
    Hi, is this a non numbers matching engine?
    The engine has a blank case -- no number at all. It means the engine was replaced with a factory replacement sometime early in the car's life. Complete replacement engines, from what I understand, sometimes did not have numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by csawyer View Post
    The engine has a blank case -- no number at all. It means the engine was replaced with a factory replacement sometime early in the car's life. Complete replacement engines, from what I understand, sometimes did not have numbers.
    Simple question to answer. YES, it's a Non Matching number car.