Thread: MFI Pre Heater Hose?

MFI Pre Heater Hose?

I have a question regarding the preheater hose that goes from the engine tin to the thermostat on the MFI pump. There are two hoses, an inner paper one, and an outer insulator hose. I order both new from Sierra Madre, and they are nice, however the outer hose is the same paper material as the inner, and not the shiny black plastic coated hose I see in most photos. I was told that these were originally all paper finish, but as tune ups were performed back in the day they found that the paper hoses were wearing to quickly, and thus the plastic coated shiny looking hose were used as replacements for the outer hose. I looked at the photos of the 700 mile S engine bay, and it has a shiny outer hose. Does anyone know who carries the outer hose in the shiny black finish, and what is correct? Thanks Steve
    1969 911 E #824

I believe Pelican sells the aluminum paper insulator hose - I pictured the two below - paper hose on left and aluminum paper on right which is the OEM
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by boxster03; 06-10-2015 at 06:12 PM.
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Thanks for the reply. I will research this and see if Pelican has the correct one... Thanks Steve
    1969 911 E #824

To the best of my knowledge the correct shiny outer is now N.L.A. at least we aren't able to get them at this time.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Thanks Ed, it seems that way, as all the regular suppliers one would normally check, all have the paper versions. That opens me up to looking for a good used one if anyone has one...Thanks Steve
    1969 911 E #824