Thread: FS: 15" Custom Hotrod Wheels - Nickel Plated w/ Michelin TB Tires

FS: 15" Custom Hotrod Wheels - Nickel Plated w/ Michelin TB Tires

PRICE REDUCTION: $4,000 INCLUDING SHIPPING TO CONUS. STILL WILLING TO SHIP ROW BUT ADDITIONAL COSTS ARE THE BUYER'S BURDEN.

Here's a pretty cool set of wheels I had made up for a project that has since turned directions. I was going for something of a Singer look with the nickel plating and RSR/frosted-like finish. Here's what you're looking at:

Fronts = Real Fuchs 15x8" ET10.6 w/ new Michelin TB15 18/60-15
    Rears = Minilite replicas from Performance Wheels in Australia 15x10" ET(-)12 w/ new Michelin 23/62-15

Tires are about 1-year old but ZERO miles and have been stored in a climate controlled room. Fuchs are used but checked for run-out before I refinished them. Rears are new, never used.

Looking for $5,500 plus shipping costs. Will ship anywhere. Local pickup OK, too. Located in Monterey, CA 93940

IMG_1743.jpg

IMG_1742.jpg

IMG_1741.jpg

IMG_1744.jpg

IMG_1745.jpg
    Last edited by Lola; 12-30-2015 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Price reduction

Bump for a sweet set of wheels; if only I had wider hips on my 68....
    Mauricio
    Three Pedal Posse
    Member # 1935

1968 Porsche 912-6 TR Tribute
    1968 Porsche 911 L
    1973 VW Sportsbug
    1974 Porsche 911 S
    1991 Porsche 964 Carrera 2 3.8

"if you see a fork in the road, PICK IT UP!"

Bump for price reduction: $4,000 including shipping to CONUS. I'm willing to ship to ROW but additional costs are the buyer's burden.

PM sent.

Cheers!
    Mauricio
    Three Pedal Posse
    Member # 1935

1968 Porsche 912-6 TR Tribute
    1968 Porsche 911 L
    1973 VW Sportsbug
    1974 Porsche 911 S
    1991 Porsche 964 Carrera 2 3.8

"if you see a fork in the road, PICK IT UP!"

What was the process on the wheels? Electroless or electoplating, and who did the plating for you? Thanks Mike

That would be a perfect set up on a 914-6 GT.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Moss View Post
    What was the process on the wheels? Electroless or electoplating, and who did the plating for you? Thanks Mike
    These were done by a SoCal wheel shop and, sorry, I don't recall their name -- pretty sure they're out of biz anyway.

These were polished to a mirror finish, lightly media blasted (not sure the media used) for the frosted effect, then electroless nickel plated. Electroless nickel is very common on aluminum for improved conductivity and corrosion resistance.

This was a cool set of wheels, I should've kept them Marc. Hope all is well bud