Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: URGENT! Help needed in Holland

Quote Originally Posted by Mr9146 View Post
    Not sure what you're seeing that I'm not, Cliff. It looks like a decent stamp to me ... only thing that gives me a little pause is the "7". Otherwise it just looks like Helmut had a liquid lunch that day.

I want to say thank you to all who've responded to the thread with offers to help track this guy. He has not replied to my last email so at this point I'm hoping boots on the ground in Holland are able to find this Ben M. guy. I prefer to hold on to the idea that this may eventually materialize...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    Ji

I'm not too crazy about the stamping on the case. Not an expert at all! ......cliff
    ( post # 8 ) 900685, pictured below, @ my storage unit in Northern California, 2015
    It looks like the case in question has been machined in the serial number area. Usually not the way, cases are stamped on the unfinished casting area, I think on purpose. Machined means restamped, also the number series is very uneven. Not a Teutonic value at all.
    Bill Conway, Early S Registry member #254
    1970 S, 2.2L Silvermetallic Coupe
    1973 T, 3.2L Black Carrera Targa
    1969 T, 2.4L Silvermetallic Targa

Check out this VIN / engine # machine in this video. Could come in handy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQMtSPtlrUo

David

Any idea where in Holland? Not that it is a big country but it could narrow it down a bit
    Good luck!
    Early 911S registry member #1391
    Built '65, MY66 911 in total restoration

An old thread, but I have been offered 907495 -- and it is no longer with Ben, but with someone I know and trust. I have sent you a PM Marc!! Let's reunite the engine with your car!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr9146 View Post
    Dear Marco,
    I was browsing the internet and read that you are searching for engine *907495*.
    So, that's what started?

I'll create my signature now

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-911E 1969 View Post
    An old thread, but I have been offered 907495 -- and it is no longer with Ben, but with someone I know and trust. I have sent you a PM Marc!! Let's reunite the engine with your car!
    That would be awesome!!!
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

just be careful, I got scammed on my "original"matching numbers 356 1600S engine last year. All I wound up with was the original timing cover and without 4500 dollars in my pocket. I got way too excited and threw reason in the trashcan. Horrible experience, made me so upset that I sold the car
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by dr914 View Post
    just be careful, I got scammed on my "original"matching numbers 356 1600S engine last year. All I wound up with was the original timing cover and without 4500 dollars in my pocket. I got way too excited and threw reason in the trashcan. Horrible experience, made me so upset that I sold the car
    I am sorry to hear your story, that is very sad to read.

As for 907495; I have offered Marco to drive over to the engine and make some pictures/ video. As many here know I am always posting engine numbers and only trying to help others find their original engine.

Quote Originally Posted by dr914 View Post
    I got scammed on my "original"matching numbers 356 1600S engine last year. All I wound up with was the original timing cover ...
    That is the problem with the 3 piece 356/912 engines. They are not "numbers matching" unless all three pieces match. I can help with this if you have questions. One other fellow thought he had found his original engine except he did not realize that for some engines a leading "0" in the serial # is significant. Some concours judges might not notice that discrepancy, but I did.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers