Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: any BMW 2002 folks in here ?

Quote Originally Posted by TurkisTii View Post
    I'm new to the world of early 911s however been a BMW 2002tii owner for 17 years!

Here's my '73 Turkis Tii purchased from the original California owner in 2002. For those in the 2002 world that was THE YEAR with many '02 Fests held across the country.

I attended Midwest '02 Fest that year and was on my way to Hershey when my alternator failed and I had to turn back just across the Illinois-Indiana border.

One of the photos below is from the Windy City BMW Vintage Fest and the other more recent with my Peridot Green Cayman R in the background.

Attachment 487268Attachment 487269
    all stock looking.....very rare and color too!

here's the latest evolution step for my instrument cluster
    IMG_3438_k.jpg
    Mechanical Smiths tach, hydraulic dual oil pressure (filter and head) and temp gauge together with the Schnitzer Speedo

Dear all,

my name is René, I'm 38 years, living in Germany and I'm currently into the 02, which is my first car and I still own today.
    20130705085348361262.jpg

I like reading here in the forum and I'm very interested in the details discussed here and hope you don't mind me not having a Porsche yet.

All the best
    René

Quote Originally Posted by uai View Post
    Well, you probably want to have the ti package, 2002 normale is rather "912" in porsche terms
    (Axles, brakes, Power)
    Doors are available from BMW and require a bit modification to fit satisfactory.
    Cheers
    Uli
    Hey Uli, I am looking for a nice original DCOE linkage set up for my 02. Can you point me in the right direction?

Danke

Quote Originally Posted by pdub02 View Post
    Hey Uli, I am looking for a nice original DCOE linkage set up for my 02. Can you point me in the right direction?

Danke
    PM sent ...

Thumbs up

Went over to the BMW show at Woodley Park in the San Fernando Valley, here in SoCal last Sat.

This little pale green and white understated 2002 REALLY checked all the 'Street Outlaw' boxes for me...

And deservedly won an award at the end of the day...

Keep your roundels spin'n ....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

New to me - 1971 2002

I have always loved these cars and just picked this one up last weekend.
    There seems to be plenty of parts available - except for the "early"
    3 front grilles (any leads appreciated).
    Mark in Sunny Las Vegas
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey Mark, nice find! That’s a great color. You need to find out first if you have the shallow or deep grills, it looks like you have the shallow, but I am not sure. Those are a little harder to find, but decent grills can be found from time to time in eBay. You can also check on the 2002faq forum. Nice find, congrats!

Purchased a really nice Riveria Blue 1974 in original paint last year. Love the car. Its fun to drive, almost as fun as my 74 GTV 2000.
    DC5BFE5F-A1C6-499E-AC8F-7E019C84AB46.jpeg
    D5FEB8B5-0ED5-47B5-9C0F-AFE3008A10F8.jpg
    1968 911L Coupe - Golden Green
    1971 911S Coupe - Gemini Blue
    1973 911S Targa - Signal Yellow
    1974 914 2.3 - Sunflower Yellow

Bmw 2002

I owned this one for about 10 years, it was great little race car.
    That is my son at the wheel, he was 18 at the time.
    He ran mid-pack but we had BIG FUN !! and we still talk about it today !!

DSC_3078.jpg