Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1969 stock seat belt mounting

1969 stock seat belt mounting

Ive searched a number of threads but can't seem to find the info I need. Can someone post some pics of the stock seat belts and how mounted for a factory seatbelt set up in a 1969? I know there are better belt options but am doing preservation type work on a low mile orig paint car, so I want to put everything back as it came. PO removed everything and carefully bagged it, but no notes on what went where.

There are brackets that line up with the rear of the front seat for the long shoulder belt. Black, L shaped on each long belt. They have two holes that line up with the rear of the seat track allen bolts. They are mounted on the outer or inner track? Im thinking outer, but facing what direction? Under the seat rail? Seems intuitive but want to make sure.

The short belt with red knob latch is on the tunnel side of the seat? Mounted into the large phillips screw on the seat bottom?

Are my thought bassackwards?

Any help/pics of correct setup appreciated.

Thanks, George

George,
    Just started taking the seats out of my '69. What exactly do you need, pics of where the belts mount to the seat?
    Bob B

Hi Bob. Yes both to seat and the L shaped bracket to the seat track. Thanks Bob. George

Hi George-

Just did this on my '69. The two L-brackets are mounted between the seat pan and rails. Attach the seat belt end to the L-bracket with the short Repa bolt and washer before mounting the bracket to the seat.

Here are a couple of shots.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  112.7 KB
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  79.5 KB
    Cheers,

Ron

1961 356 Roadster Outlaw
    1969 911E ROW Coupe ‘Orangina’
    1968 911 SWT Burgundy Red project

Hi Ron, thanks. Assuming these pics are just the driver seat, the short belt with latch is on the tunnel side & attaches to the seat bottom/side? The long over the shoulder and lap combined is the door side and the L bracket is attached to the door side seat rail with two allen bolts? Both brackets fit between the chrome recliner and seat material Correct?

George

Hi George-

Yes, all your assumptions are correct.

I installed the belts/brackets to the seat bottom before installing the seat back with seat hinges. The entire seat assembly is pretty easy to install and finally hook up the B-pillar bolt for the shoulder belt end.
    Cheers,

Ron

1961 356 Roadster Outlaw
    1969 911E ROW Coupe ‘Orangina’
    1968 911 SWT Burgundy Red project

George, a couple pics from my passenger seat. The first is the passenger side outboard, and the second is passenger side inboard.
    Hope this helps. Now if someone can just tell me how to remove the seat belt from the door pillar? How do you remove the plastic cover to get to the bolt?
    Name:  063.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  66.3 KB
    Name:  064.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  81.9 KB

Hey Bob, that is THE money shot I was looking for....exactly what I needed to finish. Between you and Ron, you nailed it for installation. Thanks. Wish I could help on your dilemma...haven't got there yet. If I figure out something, I'll post it.

George

Here is an example of what's out there as a "how to" mount the bracket in a 69 model.
    Name:  Slide1.jpg
Views: 298
Size:  56.9 KB
    Last edited by GeorgeB69; 07-04-2015 at 04:20 AM.

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar
    You don't need to remove the plastic cap from the B pillar. Just slide a 17mm open eend spanner in the cover, latch onto the bolt and start turning. Yes, the whole belt assembly will turn as well.

Cees

Cees,
    Thanks, took me a while to figure this out.
    Bob B

Name:  067.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  87.9 KB