Thread: Hella 139's info needed

Hella 139's info needed

I am completing a 69S coupe restoration and want to install a pair of 139's which I have yet to buy. I have seen a couple different versions and am not sure what would be correct for the car as well as proper installation and hardware required. I hope the experts can post some pics and details so I don't make a mistake. Looking forward to the comments and pics.
    Thanks so much,

If you don't have to have NOS, newly manufactured 139s are available again....Pelican, Sierra Madre, Stoddard to name a few. That's the easy part, finding the correct switch is more challenging. If you need the harness, you can get a top quality reproduction from Gerard Kroon. Info@kroonwireharnesses.com.
    Cheers!

Frank Kohnen
    Jupiter, FL USA
    Registry Member #921
    1972 Bahia Red 911 Coupe #9112100390..."Rudy" SOLD
    1967 Savannah Beige VW Beetle Sedan #117364457..."Heidi"...aka "Tinker Toy"

Quote Originally Posted by FL-Frank View Post
    If you don't have to have NOS, newly manufactured 139s are available again....Pelican, Sierra Madre, Stoddard to name a few.
    I purchased a set of the new 139's and they're very nice. But they run about $900 a set and for only a couple hundred bucks more you can buy an NOS set that is even better. Something about the older chrome finish just looks right (IMHO).

Do these lights come with mounting hardware?
    Pics would be great.
    Thanks

Cheers!

Frank Kohnen
    Jupiter, FL USA
    Registry Member #921
    1972 Bahia Red 911 Coupe #9112100390..."Rudy" SOLD
    1967 Savannah Beige VW Beetle Sedan #117364457..."Heidi"...aka "Tinker Toy"

I believe the "new" lights have a slightly offset post in the back rather than the dead center of the originals. The post hardware is slightly different as well. They get the job done though.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586