http://rickcole.com/1967-porsche-911s/

CAR HIGHLIGHTS
    Incredibly rare factory color combination
    All NOS original 1967 "S" parts used in restoration
    All correct 1967 "S" tools, records, and books
    Long term ownership records
    Unofficially judged by PCA as a class winning early 911S
    TECHNICAL SPECS
    Serial Number: 3059665Engine Number: 960336True Mileage: 38,793Estimate: $285,000 - $325,000
    Attached Images Attached Images
    911 S 1967 and ...

Louie's (sorry, I think that's his username) from Texas.
    Last edited by rower; 07-14-2015 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rower View Post
    Louie's from Texas.
    Restored by Marco, Tony and John Esposito?

----- removed --///

Dirk Layer never saw the car after he prepared the list of details that needed attention to.

He has asked the auction house to remove the statement that implies he endorses it as show winning quality, as he never stated nor believes that. He merely was asked to identify issues to be addressed, which he didn't examine later (and at least the latch hadn't been).

It is nice though that Tim was going to that effort for detail.
    Last edited by rower; 07-15-2015 at 07:27 PM.

This is a beautiful 67S. I noticed though, that there are no photos of the front compartment. In photo 200 and 202 in the gallery, the incorrect nose panel is clearly shown. The one that showed up in 72/73 cars. The earlier cars did not have the extra cutouts on the passenger side under the vin plate. Hopefully this was addressed. Maybe the photos were of a different car. Anyway this later panel says incorrect all over it.
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

Quote Originally Posted by steve shea View Post
    This is a beautiful 67S. I noticed though, that there are no photos of the front compartment. In photo 200 and 202 in the gallery, the incorrect nose panel is clearly shown. The one that showed up in 72/73 cars. The earlier cars did not have the extra cutouts on the passenger side under the vin plate. Hopefully this was addressed. Maybe the photos were of a different car. Anyway this later panel says incorrect all over it.
    The latch panel was on Dirk Layer's list.

It is a very nice looking car.

Seeing it officially for sale on Ricks site makes me sort-a sad.

Thanks for all the kind words. Means a lot coming from you guys.

So much work and time went into that restoration. Countless trips to hunt parts, check in on the various guys doing the restoration work, hours and hours of research to get the details right. From start to finish the entire project took almost 4 years. Who ever gets this car is going to be thrilled.

Not mentioned in the ad but included with the sale:
    1) Correct and complete tool kit.
    2) OE tires from 09/67. They are almost new with tons of tread. I would only use these for showing the car.
    3) Spare 4.5 fuchs.

We restored this car with the intention of keeping it forever. Life changed. Moved to Texas, adopted a baby...business expanded. I know many of you can relate.

Best,

Tim AKA Louie (our Frenchie)

You obviously put your heart into it. And started with a great color car too. It should have lots of appeal at the auction.

These things are always sad too!

true story.

I called Rick about a month ago asking if he wanted to consign our Speedster. "Of course" he said and as luck would have it he had a truck headed my way from Dallas.
    I head out to the barn to take the car off the lift...my wife walks in as I am rolling back the cover. At that moment I realized that I literally couldn't sell the Speedster. Selling the 67S was bad enough. She literally applauded my decision and I called the trucker to tell him it was a no-go.

Cars have a strange emotional appeal that I have yet to fully understand. Someone needs to start a 12 step program. Oh wait, that is what this site is!