Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battery size for a 68 911S

In case anyone is interested, I have been trying to get a Sonnenschein from Lauderdale Battery, and they have said likely none until March.

Scott
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

I've been using 51 series Optima batteries in my '67 for 15 years. They fit fine and won't leak. Car is kept on a smart trickle charger.

PS: Won't help win a concours.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Bumping this thread. Curious to learn if anybody out there has found an old style tar top with the original or close to original size?

Porsche now offers a battery which supposedly fit but it does not really have the original look https://www.rosepassion.com/nl/accu-P351707 Here is another option which to make looks a bit to modern https://www.carfeature.de/en/batteri...ll-545-23-45ah

Another option would be https://oldtimer-batterie-service.de...Products/1-035 great for looks but the poles are in the wrong spot

Just wanted to report back. I settled on a Banner P4523. I think this is the same base battery Porsche uses for the one they offer through the classic department. Found one on sale for $40!! Arrived yesterday and fit looks good. Yes, it is not the original rubber construction but it being black does not make it stand out. Ignore the 6V Hagen sticker I made for the 356's just wanted to mock it up and see the general look. I will be making a correct 12V version.

Name:  IMG_20210223_101447.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  98.3 KB
    Last edited by 718RSK; 02-24-2021 at 12:15 AM.

That is a helluva deal. Upon initial search, I don't see it in US.

Scott
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    That is a helluva deal. Upon initial search, I don't see it in US.

Scott
    Scott, Yes, I think they are only available in Europe. The $40 was on promotion. Believe regular price is around $75 which is still a deal.

Has anyone used an Odyssey battery? If so which model or size would you use for a 68 911L?