Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RGruppe/Early 911S Registry coffee and doughnutfest at EASY

RGruppe/Early 911S Registry coffee and doughnutfest at EASY

Only 2 days left until Saturday Aug 1 and the monthly get together of early Porsche fans in Emeryville. We didn't have a meet in July, so this one should be really good. It can be used as a tune up for the Nor-Cal
    Vintage VW and Porsche Treffen in Concord on Sunday, as well. Quite a bit of early Porsche activity in the East Bay this weekend!

Regards

Jim
    RGruppe Clubhouse Caretaker

What time does the meet begin on Sat?
    - Barhin

1971 911T Targa, Registry Member # 3280

Depends on whether you want donuts or not...
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Quote Originally Posted by 72targa View Post
    Depends on whether you want donuts or not...
    LOL. Yes to donuts. Here's a pic of me giving my thumbs up for donuts!

- Barhin

1971 911T Targa, Registry Member # 3280

Doughnuts arrive at 9:00AM

Info for Sunday

Name:  Nor+Cal+Treffen+postcard+back+2015.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  128.7 KB
    Name:  Mike2015TreffenCARD (1)resize.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  169.9 KB
    Michael Rogers
    Founder Nor Cal Vintage VW & Porsche Treffen and the Nor Cal Vintage VW & Porsche Swap Meet
    1971 911T Targa/gold metallic
    1969 912 Burgundy red
    Rgruppe #833
    https://www.facebook.com/Nor-Cal-Vin...9809110032975/

I know that someone else has already posted some photos of today's EASY get-together, but I always post when I go to one of these, we all missed the July 1st Saturday meeting for the simple reason that there wasn't one and because I think I took a couple of pretty good shots some of you may want to see………….besides, after working my ass off in 100+ degree weather the last few days to get Ruprecht ready for today, followed by tomorrow's VW & 911 Treffen in Concord and then Monterey Car week starting next week I just wanted to show off my hot rod.

Excellent turn-out, lots of new cars never seen before, a number of 'nebies' with recently acquired cars, and a healthy contingent of the usual suspects without whom this just woukldn't be nearly as much fun. If you didn't get there by 8:30 latest you simply couldn't find parking and the hoped-for effect of pulling up in your pride & joy was lost because you'd be parked a block or two away.

Thank God the heat wave broke over-night and it was actually a nice cool ( read normal ) morning…………..delightful, and the sun din't come out till later so photography was great in the overcast.

Enjoy & thanks for looking and as always, specific questions gladly answered.

JZG
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Before it became Ruprecht, my Porsche was a '70 911 T

Paying member No. 895 since 2006

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."
    Rob Dickinson's response when asked what motivated him to build Singers

…..and the next set, with photos #3 & 4 showing a remarkable Corvair with a 993 3.6 liter motor with 6-speed G-50 and the complete all-wheel drive train and running gear.

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."

Set #3, of some of the new cars not seen before, including photos # 1, 2 & 5 of a wonderfully clean and well done 914, with the factory 914-6 kit and a very healthy 3.3 liter installed. Beautiful work on the deep and very black paint.

This entire next set is devoted to one very special 'new' car, a back-dated 964 C2 in the neatest non-Porsche green and very impressive details and workmanship. Neat car and definitely ESSES material……if I ever get to chat with the owner I'll ask him.