Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sigla logo differences 65-73

Is there a way to determine the production date from the codes on the windscreen?
    Registry #3026
    '71 911 T
    www.klassieke911912.nl

Quote Originally Posted by Hesselr View Post
    Is there a way to determine the production date from the codes on the windscreen?
    I think there must be, at least approximately. They are not random numbers and letters and comparing with other parts like coils and MFI pumps, they mean something. But more pics of original screens would be most useful.

Quote Originally Posted by moito View Post
    did anyone here ever try to get info first hand?
    Please volunteer Franz! My experiences are not very good trying to contact companies in Germany only speaking English.
    And btw, would you go to Porsche first if you needed first hand info on these cars???? Nope, this is the best place to start, nobody beats the ESR.
    Last edited by Schiefer; 08-20-2015 at 05:55 AM.
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender
    70S Silver, original Slate Gray Japan delivery

yep--i knew that this was comming----- and was hoping let this cup pass from me
    pretty busy this days but will try to get some info from them...its wort a try...

and nope i dont go to porsche if i need first hand info...i go to retired porsche staff.......

Here is a shot of the original (still in place) windshield from my 69S (#618 with 1/14/69 build) that I bought in 3/22/69. There is no reference to "made in Western Germany" on any of the glass on the car.Name:  IMG_1544.jpg
Views: 978
Size:  72.1 KB
    Ron Cavallo 69S

Quote Originally Posted by rscavallo View Post
    Here is a shot of the original (still in place) windshield from my 69S (#618 with 1/14/69 build) that I bought in 3/22/69. There is no reference to "made in Western Germany" on any of the glass on the car.Name:  IMG_1544.jpg
Views: 978
Size:  72.1 KB
    Ron Cavallo 69S
    That is an interesting data point, as my car produced exactly a month later has the Sigla details I posted earlier. If you weren't the original owner, I would think yours was a replacement piece
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Here is a shot of the original (still in place) windshield from my 69S (#618 with 1/14/69 build) that I bought in 3/22/69. There is no reference to "made in Western Germany" on any of the glass on the car.
    Thanks Ron, not what I expected to see!
    What could explain this?? Does it matter for the logo/markings if a car has tinted or clear windshield??

Radmund
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender
    70S Silver, original Slate Gray Japan delivery

Radmund, I think you are right about the distinction between tinted and clear glass. My car had tinted windows on the accessories list. All tinted windows had a total option price of $59.35 in 1969 when purchased. The windshield was $36.25 while the rear window was $9.90 with the side windows being 13.20. All windows other that the windshield say SEKURIT-F with D51 underneath.
    Ron Cavallo #138
    69S #618

Radmund, I think you are right about the distinction between tinted and clear glass. My car had tinted windows on the accessories list. All tinted windows had a total option price of $59.35 in 1969 when purchased. The windshield was $36.25 while the rear window was $9.90 with the side windows being 13.20. All windows other that the windshield say SEKURIT-F with D51 underneath.
    Ron Cavallo #138
    69S #618
    Mine has a tinted windshield as well, so don't think that was it. If you are positive the windshield was never replaced then I guess it's just a supplier change made at the factory.

Name:  IMG_2005.jpg
Views: 880
Size:  89.3 KB
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

All great stuff....So when was Sekurit tinted windshields used. I got a note responding to my need for a tinted Sigla for my 71, for a tinted Sekurit that's been in storage that came from a SWB car?
    What the thought in this?
    Thanks
    Frank
    73.5 Snrf T
    71 Snrf T
    70S targa
    76 914 2.0
    82 Targa,
    85 Alfa GTV6
    60 Lancia Appia Zagato GTE
    Searching for transmission 7115322 (911/01)