FS: @eBay - 1973 Porsche 911S motor #6331664

Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

For 25k it would need to have it's MFI.

Do proper due diligence on seller
    Phil
    Early S Junkie # 658

I don't normally jump into debates, preferring to read and formulate my own opinions based on objective data. In this case I will offer a data point to give experience-based input.

Last summer I bought a 72S targa + a 72S motor built to 2.7 RS spec from Geoff. I read the on-line information about Geoff, and I called him to discuss the car. I found his answers to be honest. Where he couldn't answer my questions he volunteered to check the car and the motor, and quickly sent me pics. He sent me many pics showing details, including putting a boroscope in the sparkplug holes to confirm the pistons that were in the motor. The motor number matched a 72S motor that Ed Mayo posted in the lost & found thread. I called Ed Mayo's shop and received confirmation of that motor, as well as their professional opinion of the motor condition and its value. I didn't tell Geoff I knew where the motor came from, and everything he told me about the motor checked out 100% accurate, including receipts of the motor build tracing back to machine shop work at Ollie's.

He was helpful with meeting my shipper, although the shipper expressed some frustration with Geoff. The shipper was not easy to deal with on my end receiving the vehicle, so I tend to think the common denominator there was the shipper being a bit flakey.

The car, received was as described, as was the motor. A very respected vintage car restorer (on this board) in Denver has looked at the car for me, and he likes its condition. The restoration with him should start later this year.

So, my data point is pretty positive, and I feel that I got good value in the car & motor. Experiences of others seems to vary, but in my case I found him to be a good guy to deal with, and I'd do another transaction with him if our paths cross again.
    1996 cab

Banned
    "Notorious con man" comment way too harsh.
    Always 3 sides to every story.

Geoff is a good guy and like all sellers who move a lot of product he has his fans and his enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    "Notorious con man" comment way too harsh.
    Always 3 sides to every story.

Geoff is a good guy and like all sellers who move a lot of product he has his fans and his enemies.
    The sh$t this guy pulled over the years -- the multiple fake ID's, the dozens upon dozens of people scammed, police involvement, etc -- I'm talking about artful, creative, criminal behavior. Not unsatisfied customers, but people swindled out of thousands of dollars. Do a search on Pelican, it's all there.
    Last edited by 72targa; 08-06-2015 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Language

. . . 41 watching . . .

We Can Be Heroes

Banned
    Geoff is part of this community.
    At this point I would hope he might weigh in to defend his reputation.