Thread: Loose wires behind dash switches in '71T

Loose wires behind dash switches in '71T

I'm wiring a fog light switch in my '71T and found a couple loose wires dangling behind the lighter and defroster switches. See pic below with colored arrows pointing to wire terminals. Anybody know what these are for?

I think the white wire with light green stripes and female connector might be for a rear fog. I've read that the wire to the back fuse/relay panel for the rear fog is there whether or not the car had the rear fog on it from the factory. Not true for the wires to the front fuse/relay panels (again as I understand).

The short blue wire with the male connector has me a bit more concerned. The car had dealer installed AC on it that was (mostly) removed by the PO. Could the blue wire be from that? All the blower functions seems to work OK, so I'll probably just tape it off.

Name:  Dash Wiring.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  102.9 KB
    Last edited by A4GEN2; 08-05-2015 at 01:13 PM.
    Stephen
    ---------
    '71 Tangerine 911T Coupe

White/Green is very likely for a rear fog light. You can use a continuity tester to the Green/White by the drivers side tail light. Blue may have been for the US only Buzzer that was often removed.
    E Sully
    1973.5 911T

There are also extra wires in that area for Webasto heaters. Seems to me like blue was one of the colors. Notice the factory crimp end and shrink tube on the blue wire, compared to that S.A.E. domestic wire end on the back of the cigarette lighter.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

The blue wire is indeed for the Webasto heater, i have seen them also black/yellow.

Thanks everyone for information.
    Stephen
    ---------
    '71 Tangerine 911T Coupe