Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 69 911 E engine, hot cams. pistons, was in my vintage race car

69 911 E engine, hot cams. pistons, was in my vintage race car

I've been told that this is a 69 911 E case. This engine was built by John Dayton(a Porsche mechanic and racer(now retired) out here in SoCal.
    I was running it in my 67 911 vintage racer a few years back. It was relatively fresh and running very strong. I mainly used the car for week end fun with a few races a year.
    I can't remember the specs as John told them to me years ago-I just know that it was a strong running engine with cams that really came to life at about 4600RPM-I think John told me they were a 906 grind. I think he also said the pistons were higher compression,etc. I was running Webers and headers and the car was strong.

The car was taken off the road to get painted. When I returned it to street duty, it had an oil leak that couldn't be easily located. I took it to my local Porsche repair/speed shop and had the engine pulled and diagnosed. Unfortunately, one of the cylinders had a crack. The rest of the engine looked in great condition, but I elected to install a twin plug motor instead of finding a cylinder and rebuilding this one. I am selling everything pictured. It all appears in good shape except for the one cylinder. If anyone wants to identify the cams or anything, thanks for the info.
    I'd like 3200. for all of it. I'll also be posting a complete set of S pistons and cylinders in the next day or two that could be used. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    67 911 , 69 911S, Ford V Ferrari 906LH, 85 Carrera...and-gasp! a bunch of Corvettes, Musclecars and Italian crap(330GTC,GTA/M,308GTB)

EarlyS # 603, GroupV #2

More info(Thanks, Richard)
    P&Cs are 2.2 "S", Heads are 73 "S", cam covers are early aluminum(66), cams are race regrind S. It really was a screaming little engine.
    67 911 , 69 911S, Ford V Ferrari 906LH, 85 Carrera...and-gasp! a bunch of Corvettes, Musclecars and Italian crap(330GTC,GTA/M,308GTB)

EarlyS # 603, GroupV #2

Interested in the P&C's, Heads and Cams.
    Will you separate?

What is a "Super Burro"?? This????

Super burro.jpg

BTW: Engine number for reference: 6290296
    Last edited by Schiefer; 08-17-2015 at 05:17 AM. Reason: added engine number
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender
    70S Silver, original Slate Gray Japan delivery

Quote Originally Posted by Schiefer View Post
    What is a "Super Burro"?? This????

Super burro.jpg

BTW: Engine number for reference: 6290296
    That's a good one!
    No, the Super Burro is a taco stand right before the entrance to Estero Beach resort in Ensenada. It was the race hotel for a few of the La Carrera races and we stopped at SB for tacos many times. The woman that owned the place liked to place photos of the race cars on the walls and would give you free tacos if you stuck one of her stickers on your car. Off course, we did! Far as I know, there are still a few photos of our various race cars on her walls-good food too!

EarlyS # 603, GroupV #2

No reply from post. pm sent instead

More info. Here are a few pics of the extra P&C's. I've been told they are early "S" cylinders and early "T" pop up pistons. I've also been told that the 73 heads might not be "S" based on part number. All I know is they are in excellent condition and that all 73 heads run the same size valves.
    To answer a few inquiries, I'd like to sell everything as a lot. It was not a junk engine and was running strong-just had that one cracked cylinder. The parts all look pretty good upon inspection and as I've mentioned, it was a cammy little screamer. The only reason it isn't complete is that I used the "S" distributor, Webers,etc for my other fresh "E" motor(going into a 912). I'll include the extra P&C's at the same price. Heck, the "S" cams(hotter grind), case and early aluminum chain covers are probably worth the ask? I'm not a parts broker and just would like them to go to someone that can use them and free up a little space for me. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

EarlyS # 603, GroupV #2

PM sent…...

pms returned.

DSC_0243.jpg

EarlyS # 603, GroupV #2

Steve, I will take the engine and extra P/C set. Sending PM