Thread: narrow rocker deco location help needed

Saltspring Island, BC Canada & Minneapolis

narrow rocker deco location help needed

Hello,

I'm just finishing up my T Coupe and I replaced the rockers on it and of course forgot to measure the exact location of the deco trim. Can anyone with an original car please measure from the top edge of the rocker to the top of the deco, and from the ends out to the wheel arches. Much appreciated..... thanks.

Tim
    Attached Images Attached Images  

First of all, that's one beautiful car you have there. More photos would be much appreciated. My '68 swt has original narrow deco trim. I'll measure it first thing in the morning and post the results, if that will help. In the meantime, here's a photo of my ride, so that you can get a good idea of where the trim is located. I should mention that my car is a 912.
    Steve Meltsner

Tim,

Here are 3 photos and mm measurements to help you orient your trim. The first photo shows that the top of the trim is positioned 12.7mm from the top of the door sill. The second photo shows that the trim ends at 115.887mm from the rear end of the front fender well, and goes 26.987mm past the opening of the front of the door. The third photo shows that the trim is roughly aligned vertically, exactly in the extended center of the torsion bar cover, and that the trim ends 14.287mm from the cover.
    Steve Meltsner

Saltspring Island, BC Canada & Minneapolis
    Thank you JetJok... that's exactly what I needed. Seems to jibe with the old post that Eric referred to - how did I miss that one...... I did look.
    I'll post or send you a few more photos when I get it on. Looking forward to getting this car finished - too much procrastinating!