Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for an EARLY sunroof switch

Looking for an EARLY sunroof switch

65-67 sunroof switch wanted.

SRSr.jpg

I have one but it's missing some internal bits. I'll take some photos....
    John Schiavone

Connecticut

356 Cab, 66 911, 914-6, 550-Beck, 981 Cayman, 54 MV Agusta Dustbid

Thanks John

I have a good working one, but the bezel is pitted so would sell cheap. Will also take some pics... post tomorrow.
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '67 S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '68 L SW Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT

That would be great Russ

# 2991
    I know they're not exactly the same but Porsche Classic is now selling new ones

http://www.classicshop.porsche.com/p...161362100.html

Thanks for the tip, but Im looking for one exactly like the photo I posted. I actually already have one like the one sold by Porsche Classic.

Earlt Sun Roof Switch

Here's what I have. Not the best example, but original, taken from an early 65 Sun Roof 912. The mechanism inside the housing is missing, the piece(s) that transfer the action of the switch lever to the contacts.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    John Schiavone

Connecticut

356 Cab, 66 911, 914-6, 550-Beck, 981 Cayman, 54 MV Agusta Dustbid

Thanks John, maybe combined with the one that Russ has I will be able to make a functional switch. Sent you a PM.

Well, the one that was in my '67 (replaced with a NOS correct bezel piece) is identical to the ones currently available for under $40.
    It works fine but as you can see the chrome is rough. Yours free if you want to combine with Johns... or you might want brand new innards.

'67 Sunroof Switch.jpg
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '67 S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '68 L SW Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT