Thread: Help need some info on a floorpan install

Help need some info on a floorpan install

Hi guys just had my 66 shell media blasted and I am considering a complete one piece floor pan including the suspension and tank support as one piece . Dansk supply a full one piece panel for 69 onwards can anyone tell me the difference between a 66 and 69 floorpan and if it would fit.

Cheers guys

Having just gone thru purchasing a full pan, here is what I can tell you. Got mine from Parts-Wise in Europe. The originally advertised two pans. One was a Dansk and the other was the Porsche original. Messed around with ordering and watched the Euro drop. Both pans were advertised as ‘65 thru ‘83. Tried to get some interest in a group buy but never materialized.

In January I ordered one pan and it was supposed to arrive in two weeks. When I heard nothing, I e-mailed Parts-Wise. The told me that Dansk had stopped producing and was retooling. No delivery for 6 months. Told me I could withdraw order or wait. I elected to wait. Finally got deliverd to Allentown, PA for about $2400.00 with customs et als..

I don’t know where you got information on pan being ‘69 onwards but perhaps that’s because it has extra indentations that did not appear on ‘68 and earlier pans. In addition it has center drain holes which I don’t believe existed on ‘67 and earlier. See my recent thread trying to identify whether drain holes are appropriate. Will probably have my body man fill the holes and will definitely take out center rows of indents. I believe this will make it correct for my ‘67 and would probably be good for a ‘66.

I don’t know why Dansk is saying good for ‘69 except that the extra indents appeared in ‘69. Thus the pan they are selling is correct without modifications. I see that Sierra Madre is now carrying the full pan and they say it is correct for ‘67 thru ‘83. Their price is $3,400.00 plus shipping. Best price I go from Porsche was about $3,700.00 plus shipping. Two week wait period.

I’m pretty sure that all advertised pans are made by Dansk but cannot confirm that. Everybody is using the same picture.

I remember a thread on the Registry here where the pans for various years were discussed. In particular Moito (Franz) chimed in with darn good descriptions and picture. Also note that if you are going to do the full pan you will probably need the gas tank lateral supports. Just a thought.

Hope this helps. But realize I’m no expert.

Tom

PS check with Part-Wise. The seem to be offering the non Porsche original but you have to call for a price. Maybe because Euro -dollar exchange is varying

We bought 2 x genuine 911 floor pans from Porsche some years ago both had stacking damage and needed considerable re-work.

We did complain and were told there are only 3 more left, they are all the same. Very curt.

The panels were still in the old Olive Green Colour so I wouldn't be surprised if new panels are all made by Dansk.

I can buy the Dansk panel in the UK for around $1800 + Sales Tax.

Converting to a genuine 1965 shape is not difficult.