Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cleaning, Tumbling, Plating, Polishing, Powder Coating Service

Cleaning, Tumbling, Plating, Polishing, Powder Coating Service

Needing the resources to restore my own and friends' cars, and having parted out over 10 cars in the last 10 years and saved all of the hardware, I've invested in the right equipment and work with the best platers to restore anything metal in our cars to factory or better than factory quality. One of the platers does all of the work for Paul Russell.

I can do yellow zinc and cadmium plating and powder coated finishes. I can also omit the yellow chromate and leave the zinc or cadmium silver.

Peter has graciously allowed me to offer this service to our Community. I can take your parts from a simple collection of hardware to spring plates, control arms, etc., clean, tumble, bead blast as necessary and then plate or coat.

Pricing is reasonable, for example, the cost for your set of spring plates with rubber bushings, hardware and plate covers is $150 to remove the bushings, tumble, polish as necessary, and yellow zinc plate as new. Here are samples of my work so far. I can work with you on pricing out other collections of parts. To do the same with cadmium is $250. It has superior corrosion resistance to yellow zinc but is also twice the price to plate.

Some old spring plates

Bushings burned off

Hardware tumbled, polished and bead blasted as needed

Yellow Zinc plated batch

Last edited by Shaun 69 E; 08-24-2015 at 03:44 PM.
    Tru6 Restoration & Design
    69S Targa, Velvet Green
    73T Coupe, Gemini Blue
    Early S Registry #1462

Here are cadmium plated parts.

69S Targa, Velvet Green
    73T Coupe, Gemini Blue
    Early S Registry #1462

where are you, I may put together a bunch of parts, though shipping on heavy stuff like banana arms could get pricey.

I just updated my profile, I'm in the Boston area.

USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate boxes are a good way to go in getting things to me. There is a large "gameboard" box that can ship a lot, though I'm not sure if post offices carry it typically; I order them from the USPS web site. The larger square and flat rectangular boxes are great value though in getting stuff to me.

The good thing about shipping banana arms though is there is a lot of space in the box to pack everything else. Email me with what you have if you like and I can advise as well.
    69S Targa, Velvet Green
    73T Coupe, Gemini Blue
    Early S Registry #1462

Are you able to do any white/clear zinc?

Yes Bill, the yellow is just a chromate over the zinc and the cadmium. Clear zinc will be a bright silver.
    69S Targa, Velvet Green
    73T Coupe, Gemini Blue
    Early S Registry #1462

Shaun,
    What's the pricing basis for small hardware, by the pound?
    Do you keep batches separate?
    Is there a minimum?
    Turn around?
    I'm starting a new 356 project, it has some difficult to source hardware.
    bob moglia
    '72 E sunroof coupe

hey Bob! Good questions. Large batches will always be kept separate. On a small order, I would mix it with a completely different style/size of hardware order like spring plates. Everything is documented with pictures, including bolt head MFG., so it will be nearly impossible to mix anything up.

Turnaround is 7 to 14 days from the day I get the parts/hardware.

Hope you are well!
    69S Targa, Velvet Green
    73T Coupe, Gemini Blue
    Early S Registry #1462

All is well!
    This is a much needed service.
    i did all my own plating on the E.
    What a PITA.
    I'm in!
    bob moglia
    '72 E sunroof coupe

Can you do the bright gold finish for the PORSCHE letters ?
    The originals were nice shinny finish the classic for POrsche is dull.
    The new 911 variety is very nice gold and shiny as well.
    There are a large number on this site looking to solve this item
    Let us know
    Thanks
    Frank
    73.5 Snrf T
    71 Snrf T
    70S targa
    76 914 2.0
    82 Targa,
    85 Alfa GTV6
    60 Lancia Appia Zagato GTE
    Searching for transmission 7115322 (911/01)