Thread: FS: Orfina Porsche Design - Restored Watch - Lemania 5100

FS: Orfina Porsche Design - Restored Watch - Lemania 5100

The restauration of my 1972 Targa is now entering its final bodywork phase........ paint. Build up will start soon and I need to buy many parts.

Therefore I have decided to sell this Freshly restored Orfina Porsche Design Chronograph.
    It's the later Lemania 5100 movement with 24 hours indication, civilian version. (there is also a military version of these watches)
    The Lamania 5100 ran typically end 70's begin 80's and most of them are heavily used and up for restauration, like many of our cars.
    This particular one is the first series lemania that is with the normal crown, like the earlier valjoux versions. (Later lemania's had a screw in crown)
    As you van see on the pictures, the watch is all original with PD signing on the Crown, Case back and Bracelet clasp.

This one has gone through the entire process, back to bare metal, new paint, engine overhaul, new window, trim, rubbers, the works.
    Now the watch is ready to go another 30 or so years if proper maintenance is applied.

Case, bracelet, pushers, crown have been blasted and have gotten DLC PVD treatment. (toughest black coating out there)
    Entire Lemania movement has been taken apart, cleaned, worn pieces replaced.
    Hands have been restored and new chyrstal installed.
    Total restoration cost for this watch was almost 800 euro's. (That is the special price I get because I have had over 10 of these restored)

I have extra links at hand to make this one fit the larger wrist sizes, you just tell me what length is required.

SOLD
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 911_2.2T; 11-28-2023 at 09:01 PM.
    =========================================
    2.4T 1972 Targa - Tangerine German Delivery Ölklappe
    2.4T 1973 Coupe - Golden Green 911ST with 2.8 MFI TwinPlug
    1.7 1970 914-4 - Hell Elfenbein Weiss to be Sonauto GT with a Six
    Looking for engine #6522576
    Rgruppe #674

Very nice watch, Alex.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Xavier Petit-Jean-Boret Xavier PJB's Avatar
    Greetings, have mine that needs restoration, get late and PVD is almost gone. Any Good pro recommendation ? In Europe ?
    Cheers.
    X
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Xavier,

absolutely,my recommendation is Classic Heuer
    https://www.classicheuer.de/?gclid=E...SAAEgI80_D_BwE
    they are doing all my Stopwatches and the Orfinas - they are also regularly at LeMansClassic...

but Alex is also in NL....some new coating is interesting .....

you might ask at the two address

br
    haul
    59 750 pre unit triton
    63 650 gray silver bikinitub triumph thunderbird
    70 650 astralred silver triumph bonneville
    65 912 slate gray "erwin"
    73 914 ravennagreen "ferdl"
    erwin_loves_polo

I may have missed it in the ad but what is your asking price?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin-Allocca View Post
    I may have missed it in the ad but what is your asking price?
    If only I had all the orfina and heuer watches from almost 10 years ago, I would have been a rich man...
    It was sold in 2015 a couple days after posting.
    =========================================
    2.4T 1972 Targa - Tangerine German Delivery Ölklappe
    2.4T 1973 Coupe - Golden Green 911ST with 2.8 MFI TwinPlug
    1.7 1970 914-4 - Hell Elfenbein Weiss to be Sonauto GT with a Six
    Looking for engine #6522576
    Rgruppe #674

If you need overhaul of vintage Heuer movements in the US, my son offers service at reasonable prices. He's worked on Heuer stopwatches, rowing and yacht timers (Cal. 7700/7710), motorsports specialty timers -- Master Time, Monte Carlo (Arogno 28) and Super Autavia, Autavia (Cal. 7734, Cal. 12), Monaco (Cal. 11 and similar), Carrera (Valjoux 72, Valjoux 92 and similar). He does not do case/dial/hand refinishing or PVD replacement. No polishing (except for crystals).

Please check out his work @whitewhalewatches on Instagram, or reach out to me.