Page 59 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: R, RS and RSR clone cars, hot rods, R gruppe cars, or otherwise for Sale

Strong results for the 72T hot rod above, sold for $300,000 on 9/24/2021 on pcarmarket.com

I wasnt surprised. Cost to build these cars has inflated along with everything else. Gorgeous and unique car.

Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    I wasnt surprised. Cost to build these cars has inflated along with everything else. Gorgeous and unique car.
    Agreed. Gorgeous car and sadly getting into just stratospheric pricing. Marc buids an amazing car.
    Member # 4064
    ‘69 911E
    WTB! Looking for a 72-73 mfi coupe.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeg104 View Post
    Agreed. Gorgeous car and sadly getting into just stratospheric pricing. Marc buids an amazing car.
    They can still be found…just have to be diligent/obsessive. I found a rust free long hood hot rod not terribly long ago, 2.8 twin plug mfi. Flirted with the idea of selling, but they are just too good and near impossible to replace. I’ll keep a lookout for you, and you can return the favor and keep your eyes peeled for a 996gt3.

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Jones View Post
    They can still be found…just have to be diligent/obsessive. I found a rust free long hood hot rod not terribly long ago, 2.8 twin plug mfi. Flirted with the idea of selling, but they are just too good and near impossible to replace. I’ll keep a lookout for you, and you can return the favor and keep your eyes peeled for a 996gt3.
    @Indiana Jones Love it, deal!
    Member # 4064
    ‘69 911E
    WTB! Looking for a 72-73 mfi coupe.

Don Ahearn had a nice tangerine 1970T hot rod 2.5 for sale which sold recently … and would have been a nice ride for someone ….
    Karl: E911SR #792 ; RG #420 ; GS #7

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown

FS: @CPR - 1969 911T Coupe - RS Tribute

California Porsche Restoration, Fallbrook, CA
    1969 Porsche 911T Karmann Coupe
    VIN: 119122340
    Engine: -
    Trans: -
    Color: Mexico-Pastel Blue Mix/Black
    Mileage: 07,491 (indicated)
    Price: "Inquire"

1969 Porsche 911T -R Gruppe 1.jpg

1969 Porsche 911T -R Gruppe 4.jpg

1969 Porsche 911T -R Gruppe 4-1.jpg

1969 Porsche 911T -R Gruppe 5-1.jpg

1969 Porsche 911T -R Gruppe 6.jpg

1969 Porsche 911T -R Gruppe 6-1.jpg

1969 Porsche 911T -R Gruppe 7.jpg

1969 Porsche 911T -R Gruppe 8.jpg

1969 Porsche 911T -R Gruppe 9.jpg

1969 Porsche 911T -R Gruppe 10.jpg

Dealer Description:

CPR Classic is excited to offer this 1969 Porsche 911 "R Gruppe" Build, which was finished in the early 2000s and has lived in the local San Diego area since completion.

This R Gruppe 911 started life as a 69' 911T. David Loop, who is well known for performing the "R Gruppe" treatment on early 911s, built this car from the ground up. The car has traveled only 7,400 miles since completion.

The body was fitted with correct steel 911 RS rear flares and were installed to factory standards. A steel 911S front bumper was sourced for the car, and the rear wears a fiberglass RS lightweight-style bumper. A fiberglass RS decklid rounds out the aesthetic. The paint color that was chosen is unique. A 50/50 blend of Mexico and Pastel Blue was mixed to create the lovely light blue the car presents in. All of the car's exterior trim, including window frames and headlight rings, were painted in matte silver and clear coated for added protection.

The suspension setup was chosen with a sports-purpose focus in mind. The front suspension wears 18mm torsion bars with Bilstein struts, tie rod ends that limit bump steer, and a 20mm sway bar. The rear suspension has aluminum trailing arms matched with 26mm hollow torsion bars, Bilstein shocks, and an 18mm sway bar.

The drivetrain in this "R Gruppe" RS-style hot rod rounds out the whole package. An aluminum crankcase was chosen and was bored to 2.7L with a 70.4mm stroke crankshaft. The engine wears Carrera chain tensioners, 92mm pistons and cylinders, 73' 911E heads that were ported to 38mm, DC 60 camshafts, and 46mm Weber carburetors with twin plug ignition. The compression ratio is 10:1, and the engine is rated at 250hp. The gearbox is a later 915 unit with stock gear sets.

The interior is finished in dark blue leather with MFG reproduction ST style bucket seats. The door panels are minimalistic with lightweight-style pulls and Wevo handles. The car has a 380mm RS steering wheel. The rear seats have been deleted, and a bolt-in roll bar was added for extra protection.

The car sits on 7" and 8" inch Fuch wheels that were fully restored with an RSR finish. The tires currently on the vehicle are more than five years old and will be replaced.

This 911 R Gruppe is the perfect 911 for someone who is looking to have the ultimate canyon carver and visceral experience. The power delivery is outstanding, and the chassis is set up with excellent balance while cornering. Cosmetically the car still presents in exceptional condition with minimal road rash and rock chips from spirited driving. If you are in the market for a 911 that will put a grin on your face every time you jump in for a drive, this is a must-consider example.
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...d-updates.html

My long hood is for sale…not sure the forum rules on this, so mods feel free to let me know if I’m in compliance posting the link.

CheeRS

I was just admiring the car when i saw the ad on Pelican. Looks like a nice build, with work done by good shops in DEN area. Best of luck with sale.
    Karl: E911SR #792 ; RG #420 ; GS #7

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown