Page 56 of 67 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: R, RS and RSR clone cars, hot rods, R gruppe cars, or otherwise for Sale

82.000£ seems like a great deal for that car.

Quote Originally Posted by karlusmagnus View Post
    Just saw Martin Gibson’s sand beige 72t/st hit the hammer last week on paddy’s day. Always liked this car. Feel sorry for Martin to let it go after 12 years.
    https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/...s-t-recreation

Attachment 547773

Looking for a Long Hood Hot Rod/R Gruppe style car. Please let me know what you might have available. Thanks

FS: @BaT - 1973 911S - 3.3L RSR Tribute

October 2020 - Listed for BIN CD$125,000 on Copart.com Toronto, Ontario Auction
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1973 Porsche 911S Coupe, Lot #48544
    VIN: 9113300637
    Engine: -
    Trans: -
    Color: Green Metallic/Black
    Mileage: 30,940 km (indicated)
    Auction Estimate: -
    Sold for: TBD

BaT 73S RSR.jpg
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

Should be some interesting bidding ... closes tomorrow, 5/30/2021

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...died-hotrod-3/

This 1989 Porsche 911 Carrera coupe was acquired by the current owner, Marc Zurlinden of Zurlinden Restorations & Developments of Monterey, California, in 2016 and subsequently backdated into a 911 ST-style tribute. Work included a color change to gray and installing a custom steel long hood, steel front fenders and fender flares, and modified fiberglass bumpers. Power is provided by a modified 3.8L air-cooled flat-six sourced from a 964 paired with a rebuilt G50 five-speed manual transaxle and a Wavetrac limited-slip differential. Additional equipment includes a full blue leather interior with Sport S seats, 15″ Fifteen53 Outlaw wheels, Öhlins coilovers, StopTech brakes, H4 headlights, RS door cards, a WEVO shifter, Rasant individual throttle bodies with GT3 plenums, a MoTec EFI system, and more as detailed below. This modified example is now offered on behalf of the current owner with service and build records, a Carfax report, and a clean California title.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...died-hotrod-3/

89 hotrod above went for $235,750 plus buyers fees to BaT. Fairly healthy sale I would say.

recent sale.....$300k plus. Over $100k in the motor alone!
    https://ferraris-online.com/cars/197...-rebel-101898/

Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    recent sale.....$300k plus. Over $100k in the motor alone!
    https://ferraris-online.com/cars/197...-rebel-101898/
    Jon builds incredible cars.
    I'm sure the buyer thinks it's worth every penny.
    Beautiful car.

bluersr.jpg
    -Doug
    2022 Carrera 4S Oslo Blue
    1977 Martini Edition 924
    1989 Lancia Delta Integrale 16V

My car (modified 73 911E) will be coming on-line with Bring A Trailer in the coming weeks:

rsz_dsc_0642.jpg

rsz_dsc_0694.jpg

rsz_1dsc_0494.jpg

rsz_dsc_0709.jpg

rsz_dsc_0707.jpg
    -Doug
    2022 Carrera 4S Oslo Blue
    1977 Martini Edition 924
    1989 Lancia Delta Integrale 16V

My car is up for sale again after some fun driving as well as a $12K bill at the local shop for resealing the engine (down to the cylinders) and re-powder coating the heat exchangers and the Leistritz exhaust. After raising the standard of the car a bit farther, I'm wanting $135K. If I can't get some interest here, it's off to BAT. I was in Portland recently and dropped in to 911R for a visit. I'm going with them! Great shop. Interested parties please contact me here or at robert3279@gmail.com.

- Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Robert5995 View Post
    Carrera RS Lightweight Tribute Car for sale

Three things about this car I will tell you up front:

First, the engine is better than an RS engine, but looks period. It is an aluminum-cased 2.7 twin-plug 10.5:1 compression with Wossner pistons. It has an RSR flywheel and an aluminum pressure plate. The case has boat-tailed mains, the oil bypass mod, a ported SC oil pump, and a knife-edged crank. It has re-nickeled bores by Millenium Technology and new S cams from Web Cam. The rotating assembly was balanced prior to returning to the engine builder. The MFI pump was gone through by MFI Werks (Mark Jung). Everything that held oil was sent to Pacific Oil Cooler for cleaning and pressure testing. The heads were inspected and brought up to spec. All engine work was by Ollie's. Recently, a new Valeo alternator was installed. In the RS spirit, a Bischoff muffler is fitted. Twin MSD boxes run the ignition. The engine now has 6K miles on it. The 915 box has been rebuilt by Simple Auto.

Second, the interior is mostly an authentic Lightweight interior, done with parts from a Lightweight restoration. I know this, since it was my real Lightweight that got restored and had all these surplus interior parts left over. The door panels, the front and rear floormats, the rear seat fabric all came from a third-series I restored. I put in the clock-delete plate, and the radio-delete plate in the dash. A clue of its former life is the antenna in the fender. The seats are repros. The car has a period shift knob, not one of these recent ones that are obviously not correct. I recently had the tach sent out for a mod to make it work with the twin MSD boxes.

Thirdly, the suspension is better that any RS suspension. It has the ball-jointed trailling arms - no rubber bushing to replace. It has coilovers all around. They are "stock" Elephant Racing coilovers that I put on after using "street" setup until mu fillings got loose, then I went to the "stock" coilovers. The rear shock towers have reinforcing plates welded to them, and the front has a strut brace, all this for the coilovers. All other bushings are stock rubber, but recent. After I had the coilovers put on, I had the car corner balanced and ride height-adjusted.

Someone before me took a '72T body and turned it into this RS replica. The paint is holding up very well, one slight flare welding flaw is visible. Recently, I had the rear bumpers repainted and refitted, after applying clear wrap on the lower part of the rear bumpers, you know, where dirt an rock chips always are. Way better after the wrap. The hood and the front bumper has some chips from "being driven". The wheels are not perfectly color matched and the two pictures shown are on the "more chipped up" rims, the others are better. There are minor oil leaks on both sides of the engine in the head/cam housing area.

Driving this has always been fun. Around town, people love it. In third and fourth gear canyon running, it just kills it! I am a long time ESR member and follow Bring a Trailer daily. From what I have seen on BAT and ESR, $90K for this car should look like a bargain to someone. Come to Colorado to drive it.

PS - A year ago, I had the car shipped to Las Vegas to I could do a SoCal driving trip. I went to Ollie's. They rolled out the read carpet for me and said "nobody" ever brings their car to them after all the engine work.

- Rob
    rcsteinway@earthlink.net

To see all the pics, go to page 53 of this thread!

- Rob