Thread: NOS 964/993 parts - feedback requested

Banned

NOS 964/993 parts - feedback requested

At the risk of being admonished or simply having this thread cast into never, never land I will offer this up for the benefit of ESR members. I have a bunch of NOS 964/993 parts that I'm trying to decide whether to sell or hang onto. Dashboards, rear windows, interior panels, upholstery pieces, (14 sport seat hard backs and 9 grey coupe headliners!), etc, etc, etc. There are probably 400+ NOS items.

Obviously if I hang on to the crap for another 10 years it will be much more valuable but I'm curious as to what the demand is now. A lot of this stuff is what I consider "restoration parts". I.E: Most of the cars aren't old enough yet to need these parts.

Would appreciate feedback. Thanks.

Complete hardback sport seats are worth a fortune.

The dashes are $800-1000 depending on market saturation and need.

Theres someone on The Bird looking for a complete 964 interior, but the wrecking yards are overflowing with these pieces in great condition so I don't see them being super hot items just yet.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Banned
    I would tend to agree Marco. Used parts are somewhat plentiful. Thanks for input.

I'll probably let them collect dust for a decade then release into the wild.

I also have a bunch of new Boxster/996 parts. That junk will sell by the pound.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    I would tend to agree Marco. Used parts are somewhat plentiful. Thanks for input.

I'll probably let them collect dust for a decade then release into the wild.

I also have a bunch of new Boxster/996 parts. That junk will sell by the pound.
    Drop me a message off the forum with what you've got for Boxster and 996. I'll help you move it down the line whenever possible.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

If you happen to have a rear glass with third brake light and working defrost, and fancy packing and shipping to Switzerland, feel free to let me know.

Banned
    PET shows the glass without third brake light. These are naked and they have the hole for wiper allowance.

A bit of trivia: What goes "bad" on these is the plastic channel that holds the rubber moulding in. That's right; the channel is part of the assembly. If you're looking at a 993 to buy pull up on the rear window rubber and make sure they didn't glue it in. The only way I know of to fix these is by replacing the entire window. Stupid design.

member #1515
    On the 964, the 3d brake light is glued to the glass. A separate part.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Let me rephrase then:
    If you have a *964* rear glass, with provision for 3rd brake light (which I know is an additional part), and working defrost...
    My present '89 rear glass has a partly non functional defrost, and no third brake light. I want the third brake light to dely the inevitable rear-ender and I need the defrost in winter

Frank I am looking for a Blaupunkt Symphony RDS Radio - if you have something let me know.
    Cheers

Uli

Banned
    New radio pile:

3) Reno's
    3) Charleston's
    1) Stuttgart
    1) Cambridge
    1) CDR-210

Sorry, no Symphony's.